Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heather97 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 06:50 PM
    I'm 14 and I think I may be pregnant, please help
    Hi, I'm 14 and I think I may be pregnant and I don't want my parents to know just yet. It has been 41 days since I last had sex, however we practiced safe sex, but we were in a shower, and I'm not sure if the condom worked.

I have been feeling very sick, irritable, light headed, constantly urinating, very bad spotting, and I haven't had my period. I had a few spots one day, but that was it, and I don't have any money till next month to buy a test, so I looked up a homemade pregnancy test, and I found the bleach one, the dandelion one and the pine sol one.

I only have bleach but does it work, and if so how long does it take?

Can you please help me?
    heather97 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 06:52 PM
    Please help meee
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2011, 07:24 PM
    The "tests" you list are urban myth and old wives tales, as an example, if I urinated on bleach, it would fizz because there is ammonia in urine - so that would mean I was pregnant?

You will need to get a store bought test.

Having said that, you need to talk to your parents and get an appointment with a OB/GYN. Even if you are not pregnant, since you are sexually active, you need to be seen by the gynecologist.

I know it seems like it would be the end of the world telling them, but, trust me - a lot of what you are feeling is the anxiety, fear and other bad feelings about this situation. If you are afraid to tell them alone, recruit another family member you trust to help you.

You are not the first person to be in this position, and you are not alone. Take a deep breath, and move forward. You will not feel any better until you move forward.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2011, 08:12 PM
    I would suggest that if you have your own family doctor. That you also go in and make an appointment to talk with him/her. There is a confidentiality that the doctors need to keep.

All the home tests you were talking about to see if your pregnant or not. Never heard of before myself. Tests are not that expensive.

Is there anybody you can confide in to help you out. Some one close to you. You may find it hard to talk to your parents but you need to eventually approach them.

Most parents are aware that if a young teenager is going to have sex it is very important to practice safe sex you could always start it out as I have had an experience and protected myself but not sure if it worked, because the only 100 percent guarantee of no pregnancy is no sex.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2011, 08:27 PM
    Heather, honey, these "tests" that you speak of don't work. Trust me, I know all about it, I deliver babies for a living.

You can go to the dollar store and get a pregnancy test for $1. They work, the stuff you read about doesn't.

Now, what are your plans if you are pregnant?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 16, 2011, 06:05 PM
    Have you talked to perhaps the school nurse, not sure about every school system, but they may have advice for you.

There are women clinic in most areas that do free testing.

I know this is hard, but you decided to act like a adult so now you have to continue to take that responisibility now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

View more questions Search