Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrs_malone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 02:27 PM
    Trying to conceive and injection help?
    Injection & Trying to conceive help?So I've been on & off the contraceptive injection for about 3 years now! I mean I'll go for like 2-3 injections in a row so about 6-9 months then I'll have a break & go on the pill or use condoms, but every time I stop the injection my periods always return straight away & are regular again once a month for 5-7 days. However I have just stopped using the injection again as me & my partner have decided to try for another baby!So when the injection ran out I bleed for about 9 days but it was very lightHowever I haven had a bleed or a period for about 6 weeks I did a pregnancy test about 2 weeks ago and it was negative. This is unusual for me as irregular periods aren't a side affect of the injection for me. So could I be pregnant? Should I take another test? I hope this makes sense to you. And I really appreciate your advice/help. Thanks in advance :)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 15, 2011, 02:30 PM
    Sorry to say, but it can take upwards of TWO years for your body to "recover" after taking the depo shot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to conceive [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so, I ovulate on April 6th me and my boyfriend had sex on April 1st and April 3rd. Those two days are one of my most fertile days. My question is could I conceive a child from doing this? I really am trying to conceive. What are the odds? Also I am 20 years old.

Trying to conceive. [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal to have a period between 28 and 32 days? Me and my husband has been trying to have a baby for the past 8 months and we are starting to wonder. I has a period last month (Feb.) the 11th through the 17th. I should have started the 17 of this month (March) for the 28th day then if I...

I need some help with Trying to conceive [ 0 Answers ]

3/10/11 Me and my husband are trying to conceive. My cycle is normally anywhere from 33-35 days I had a positive opk on day 20 of my cycle On 8 & 9 dpo I had extreamly light pink blood when wiping And now today 10dpo (cycle day 29) I went to the restroom and had quite abit of thick brown blood...

Trying to conceive [ 2 Answers ]

I Started My Period Oct. 18 Its Almost Over Is It True That Im Fertile After The Last Day Of My Period Please Help I Am Trying to conceive :) Please Send Baby Dust My Way:) Thanks! My Periods Are Irregular Could This Interfere With My Ovulation Date? Should My Bf And I Have Sex Every Other Day?

Trying to conceive - Help, Please! [ 28 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I am new to all this so bare with me. Here is my problem/concern: My husband and I have been Trying to conceive for a year. I have very irregular periods (maybe once every 3 months). My doc told me not to be concerned unless I have less than 4 periods a year. I don't get that, but oh...

View more questions Search