Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hananghaith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 08:22 AM
    What is low beta hcg blood test mean?
    My period is irregular, I did 2 urine home tests they gave me a positive result then a blood beta hcg was positive but it was low what does this mean and why does this happen?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 02:38 PM

It may just be early in the pregnancy. There is a wide range for hcg levels. What matters most is that the level rises, so if they are at all concerned, they would schedule another blood draw within a few days time. If that wasn't mentioned to you, then they are not concerned.
    hananghaith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 04:59 AM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    Thanks a lot and that what happened really I did it again and it shows increasing so pregnant now
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2011, 06:09 AM

Good to hear! Enjoy the pregnancy journey... hope it's smooth and easy for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low HCG levels on blood test [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to conceive my second child before my husband is deployed, my last period was on April 29th, I spotted on May 26 (light pink tinge) I am extremely tired all the time now and breasts are starting to get a little sore. I usually bleed after intercourse due to having endometriosis, but...

Low beta hcg but 10 positive urine tests [ 2 Answers ]

I am going through my first cycle of IVF. I had 2 very good quality embryos transferred on 11/22. Over the past few days I have taken multiple hpt's that are supposed to read levels of hCG down to 40mIU/ml and all have been positive. This morning I had my first beta hcg test and the level was...

HCG blood pregnancy test [ 1 Answers ]

I took a blood test yesterday at my doctors does anyone know how soon they will receive the results? Is it posible that the blood test results come back negative, but I am pregnant? I was supposed to receive my period 9/4/07 and I still have not, I am 2 weeks and 2 days late. My friends &...

View more questions Search