Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    squackmaster Posts: 43, Reputation: 9

Jan 28, 2011, 11:22 AM
    This one is for the ladies. I really need your help!
    OK, I have met this woman online, we get along great she is from Europe but wants to visit NYC. So we made plans to met there and spend time together as I show her around. I obviously want this to turn into more then a friendship. Now my first question, I want to pick her up at the airport in a limo... should I meet her in the airport or should I have the driver wait for her in the airport holding a sign with her name on it? And I would be waiting at the car. What do you ting would be more exciting for her? Second question do you think a helicopter tour of Manhattan would woo her? Like I said she has never visited NYC and what better way to start than by seeing it from the air. Third what do you think are some very cool and romantic things to do? Thanks for your help.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2011, 11:51 AM

Is this your first time meeting her in person? How do you know you're not walking into some sort of scam? I would get a chance to get to know her before doing anything fancy like a limo. Unless that's your regular mode of transportation, which I doubt. The helicopter ride sounds cool though. I would hold off for the time being on any romantic gestures.

Jan 28, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Comment on justcurious55's post
    Yes, this is our first face to face meeting. True, there is no guarantee this isn't a scam, Thanks for your help.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 28, 2011, 12:23 PM

Sounds a bit overboard. Why not wait until she gets in town and have her call you when she gets to the airport. Then meet up with her. I don't think holding up a sign feels right when trying to woo a girl. Why can't you just pick her up yourself?

You're setting the bar too high with so much. I suggest you keep it simple in the beginning. Furthermore, see what she's interested in doing.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 29, 2011, 04:17 AM
    I am a woman, and here is what would impress me.

Mick Jagger. Hahah just kidding.

I would be inside the airport terminal to greet her. She will be overwhelmed and probably confused as to where to go. Then take her to your own car, and back to your place so she can unwind a bit.

Have dinner reservations ready. I presume she's staying for a week or more, start slowly.

If she is an outdoor sort of gal (even if she isn't really), Central Park is a must. Keep moving, but no big surprises. (maybe if its in the evening, a nice carriage ride).

Rent skates!

The helicopter ride is very cool! Maybe think of that as the big shebang, followed by live theatre in the evening.

She'll probably want to check out the stores.

My guess is, if she is genuine, and I sincerely hope she is, that you will know her interests well enough for the both of you to plan the day from a menu of suggestions. No doubt she's done a little research as well.

I'd nix the limo though, that would make me very uncomfortable. Now, a nice big Harley- that's acceptable! But, might be difficult in winter.

Simple things really are the best. Good luck!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2011, 07:55 AM

I can remember when I went over to the UK to meet my now husband for the first time in person... very exciting time!

I would meet her in person yourself, show her the city with a few of the usual tourist sites, and ask her if there is anything in particular she was interested in seeing/doing.

Since it is the first time meeting in person, focus more on getting to know each other. Look for activities that will allow you to talk. Don't think you have to be a tour guide and necessarily "wow" her. She is coming to see the city, sure, but she should be coming more to meet and get to know you better.

If your lifestyle does allow you to do more extravagant things, fine... add a few of those in if you want to, but if it is not the "real" you, don't get caught up in trying to impress her.

Keep it relaxed, fun, allow for some spontaneity, and you will learn if this is something you will want to pursue or if you notice any red flags that cause you to back off.

Jan 29, 2011, 10:35 AM
    Comment on Jake2008's post
    Thanks for all of your great suggestions, I never thought of the Harley thing. Only problem might be with the luggage, maybe for another day during the trip though. The trip is planned for July so it will be warm enough for outdoor activities. Thanks

Jan 29, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    Great advice... thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For the ladies [ 4 Answers ]

Why do young women seem to play games, 18-23? Here are some examples. 1. If I call (show interest) they do not answer but if I do not call back then they call me (reciprocate interest) the next day or two. 2. If I treat a girl with respect and dignity then they are not interested but if...

What do you think ladies? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm Back Still trying to make it work with this girl I have been with almost a year .Well as others that have read my posts in past know I have been dealing with girl I met over the internet ,and I have been with almost a year,and I have had a lot of problems with as in terms of cheating .Well she...

For the ladies. [ 30 Answers ]

I'm just wondering, is there a difference in having sex with a guy with a circumsized penis than a guy who wasn't circumsized? If so what's the difference?

What does this mean ladies? [ 11 Answers ]

I need some help from you ladies and maybe even guys if you have an opinion. I'm 28, she's 26. My ex-girlfriend and I have been broken up for about five months now, we've have talked about getting back together, or at least I have expressed this interest to her. She has replied with, " I just want...

For the Ladies [ 2 Answers ]

> The Open Toed Shoe Pledge > As a member of the Cute Girl Sisterhood, >I pledge to follow the Rules when wearing sandals and other open-toe >shoes: > > I promise to always wear sandals that >fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels >spill over the backs. And...

View more questions Search