Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corriehac Posts: 87, Reputation: -1

Nov 20, 2006, 07:22 PM
    I had a baby boy then two miscarriages
    My misscarages I was about 12 weeks the heart just stopped both times. I am 38. Is it still likely I will carry one more baby to full term. I heard after having a boy it is more easy to misscarry is that true? My other children were girls, before the boy. We wanted to try for one more boy before I am 40.
    DrWood Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2006, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by corriehac
    My misscarages i was about 12 wks the heart just stopped both times. I am 38. Is it still likely i will carry one more baby to full term. I heard after haveing a boy it is more easy to misscarry is that true? My other children were girls, before the boy. We wanted to try for one more boy before i am 40.
    Corrie,

The short answer is no, absolutely not. There is no eveidence that you are more likely to miscarriage after having delivered a boy.

Miscarriage is startlingly common, with some sources saying that 50% of all conceptions miscarry, usually without the mother being aware she was ever pregnant. The most common reason is a chromosomal abnormality - the DNA form the mother and father isn't formed properly or doesn't combine properly. This is more likely to occur the older both parents are. At 38 there is a higher risk of this causing miscarriage and other chromosomal abnormalities such as Downs syndrome. I assume that you have had two dilatation and curettages, this can increase the risk of prematue labour and late miscarriage if it has caused cervical incompetence.

Without a defined cause of your miscarriage there is no increased risk of you having another miscarriage above the normal risks for someone your age.

Good luck in you efforts to conceive and rasie a healthy boy.

DrWood.
    FLORENCE1085 Posts: 46, Reputation: 6

Aug 18, 2008, 12:30 PM
    I have had three miscarriages, 1 than a baby boy and than 2 more. I am so scared and I worry why I have them. My doctors have been looking but they do not come up with a way for me to keep my babies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 yr old boy masturbating [ 32 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if any parents here have ever had to confront the issue of their young children masturbating. And if so, how did you handle it? Did you take steps to try to get them to masturbate less, or at least not in public and did it work? And are their things you can do to 'help' your...

6.5 hp lawn boy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6.5 hp lawn boy that just stopped igniting spark. I used it last week with no troubles and now I have no spark. I have checked the "kill" switch circuit, and it is working properly, what next?

Can bad teeth cause misscarages [ 1 Answers ]

My teeth are braking off my gums are purple and bleed can this have caused the two misscarages that I have had

Baby Boy [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/2 year old boy who eats stones and soil. I have tried giving him liver meat but he refuses to eat it. Why is he doing this and am worried that it might bring a problem in the long run.

X-boy friends [ 8 Answers ]

I went to my best friends pool party(lets say her names steph) and my x-boy friend was there(lets say his name was paul) well.. paul started hiting on me.. and I have a boy friend(lets say his names alex) that I've been with for 6 months.. when I went out with paul.. I broke up with him for alex.....

View more questions Search