Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiea Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 06:01 PM
    Had sex 6 or 7 days before period due date
    Hi I just want to know if you can get pregnant 7 days before your period is due? The reason I am asking is, I am two days late for my period. All week I have had brown watery discharge then on my day of period that is meant to be due was brownish discharge. No cramping. Had mild sore breast prominent greeny bluey viens running across my breast. Today is my third day after period is suppose to be due and after a bowel movement I kind of bled a little. I have been very tired in the last week and all I know is I felt like I was having a flu but I'm not. Could I be pregnant or is it just a period that is being delayed?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 06:03 PM
    Most likely it is a delayed period. How old are you? Hormones play a big role in this.

Also, stress over wondering will delay the period even more.

Nov 17, 2006, 06:07 PM
    I'm 22 years of age. Your probably right it could be stress related. Just never had a late period before. Am used to having it right on the day and have a heavy period for three days. Maybe I'm lucky not to get a period at all haha.

Although, lastmonth I had a pregnancy test done by clear blue digital test and came up "pregnant". When to the doctors and had blood test done, and said Negative due to the hcg level under 25. Had a short period day after the blood test. Since then I haven't been normal.
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Maybe it is time to go back to the doc and discuss what is going on.

It could be stress related, but better safe than sorry.

Nov 17, 2006, 06:16 PM
    Aaaaaah! Just as I asked the question, I just been to the toilet... got my period finally!

I do have another question... for the last three years I had problems with my bleeding and periods. Sexually I would bleed all the time and does hurt when sitting on top or laying down. Sometimes the bleeding would last a few days or just that one time during sex. When I do a bowel movement I bleed bright red or dark red colour (out of vagina). Ive already seen 5 gynaes and they say that they are running into a brick wall. Got any ideas?
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 06:19 PM
    I have no idea. Is the sex a little too rough maybe?

Nov 17, 2006, 06:22 PM
    No its usually easy and slow.. ah well who knows. Maybe it will sort it self out eventually
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 17, 2006, 06:50 PM
    When I got pregnant with my 3 children I knew I was pregnant each time. Because I just spotted about a day or so and my period would stop. With my first child, the test came back negative and then a couple weeks later it showed I was pregnant. If you don't start soon, I would got back to the doctor and talk to him about it. Because it's better for you to get on prenatal vitamins as soon as you can (if you are pregnant).
    kggiirrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2011, 09:08 PM
    I would ask your doctor about endometriosis. It is characterized by painful sex, bleeding after sex, painful or bloody bowel movements and general flu symptoms among other things. It is caused by uterine tissues growing outside of your uterus. Good luck!
    georgeKfranklin Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 6, 2012, 07:13 AM
    There are many chances for late periods if you do sex in periods or ending of periods without protection

I found some answers here it may help you

Sex within Monthly Periods

how to get pregnant

But try to take care always in periods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many days after a known ovulation date can a positive pregnancy test show? [ 15 Answers ]

I have been taking the medicine Clomid & have been really trying to get pregnant. My question is simple - I know the best time to test for pregnancy is after your missed period but my number of days between change. Last month it was 28 days & I circled the day on my calender that I could take an...

If period comes after having sex 9 days before, is pregnancy possible? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi I had sex with my boyfriend couple of times in last month. Last time intercourse was 8 days before. Now my period has started today. My question is, is there any chance that I’m pregnant now? Please kindly answer my doubt. Some times he doesn’t put his orgasm inside the vagina completely...

Missing period due to pregnancy or breastfeeding? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have an 8 month old which I breastfed for the entire time. As she is eating more solids & stuff, we're still bfing, just not as much. I have had spotting on & off since baby was 4 months. I had an entire period last month (6/24) and now I'm not! It was due on 7/25. I had intense...

Bleeding 5 days before period due [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering for some advice on this I have 4 children and have periods that I can set my watch to. But this month my cyclce isn't due to start till the 15th of August but I started bleeding lightly last night. It isn't heavy I haven't soak a pad in the last 2 hrs possibly enough to wear a liner...

View more questions Search