Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Judi Sarah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 10:23 AM
    Brown Discharge and Late Period
    I am 24 (almost 25), married and my husband uses condoms when we have intercourse. Three years ago, when I was a virgin I had brown discharge for a few days and had missed my period that month. I blamed the situation on stress. At the beginning of September I was definitely stressed, but things got much better, God bless. I got my September period on the 13th and all was fine. This month about 2 weeks before my period I had brown discharge on and off for a few days. Further, my period is late by about 16/17 days. Initially I thought this was just an abnormal month for me (which isn't really typical aside from what happened 3 years ago). But then I read all these things about implantation bleeding including a post on this site that says implantation bleeding is not necessarily an indication of pregnancy. I would love to be pregnant, but I have not tested yet because I want to know the chances of pregnancy. If we used a male condom and this brown discharge has happened before and it's not necessarily an indication of pregnancy then what are my chances? I would love to be pregnant and I think that's why I am avoiding the test until I miss my period next month for fear of being disappointed. Can someone please advise?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 30, 2006, 12:55 PM
    If you used a condom, then your chances are slim that you are pregnant. It is possible, yes, but slim.

This may be just an abnormal period, we all have them at least once in our lives. But it would probably be best to see your doctor to make sure everything is okay.
    Judi Sarah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 01:18 PM
    Thanks for answering. I really hope I am pregnant, that would be great. I think that's why I am worrying about taking a test because of the disappointment of knowing I am not pregnant. I have had some cramping and been getting some pimples, which isn't typical. Before this discharge and missing my period I went to the GYN for a routine yearly check up. She did a pap smear and some test to make sure my discharge is normal. But, like I said, this was before the brown discharge and before having missed my period. Ugh, this is a bit frustrating!
    Mom_of_two Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Keep us updated??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge - what is going on now? - please help [ 4 Answers ]

I have been off the pill since Aug last year. In November my period was a week late but nothing came of it just lots of stress. I Know I have been really anxious because my friends who weren't even trying are now pregnant. I have been under a lot of stress because we have just bought a house & the...

Brown discharge instead of bleeding during period [ 6 Answers ]

I was suppose to start my period like a week ago but instead it has been brown discharge. Sometimes there will be a little blood but for the most part its brown discharge. What is going on and what can I do to help it?

Brown discharge and no period? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: Hey, I was hoping someone could help me. It's about my period, or should I say my non-existent period. My last period was in May about 7 weeks ago (from the last day) and I'm about 3 weeks late. I've been late before, but this time it's different. A few days ago I thought I had gotten...

Brown discharge after period [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.I using birth control pills for 8months,I went for smear test was normal but I had vaginal infection,I used cream that doctor gave it to me for 2weeks each night lastmonth.but this month,I see during my ovulation I had brown discharge,I scared of infection again but I can say I'm so excited...

Brown Discharge? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having brown discharge or spotting for a few weeks now. I have taken a pregnancy test twice and both times negative. I am on the pill as well. What could it be?

View more questions Search