Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SweetAlisaB Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Low HCG levels
    I just went in for my first Dr appointment today. My husband and I are unsure as to how far along I am because I just stopped breastfeeding my 15 month old little girl and I never got a period. The Nurse was unable to find anything on ultrasound and said it was prob just too early. The last time my husband and I were intimate was Aug 8th. (Weening was a bit uncomfortable) The dr. sent me to get blood work done and I got a message today stating that my HCG levels were around 850 and that I was about two weeks pregnant. Since that is physically impossible, am I doomed to have a miscarriage or is it possible to have levels that low at 6 weeks, which is where my husband and I had mentally put ourselves at the earliest. The nurse hasn't returned my calls and her and I really did not hit it off during my visit. I feel like I need some reassurance. My next test is in two days, but if anybody has words of reassurance before then, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Klaipeda Posts: 203, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2009, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetAlisaB View Post
    I just went in for my first Dr appointment today. My husband and I are unsure as to how far along I am due to the fact that I just stopped breastfeeding my 15 month old little girl and I never got a period. The Nurse was unable to find anything on ultrasound and said it was prob just too early. The last time my husband and I were intimate was Aug 8th. (Weening was a bit uncomfortable) The dr. sent me to get blood work done and I got a message today stating that my HCG levels were around 850 and that I was about two weeks pregnant. Since that is physically impossible, am I doomed to have a miscarriage or is it possible to have levels that low at 6 weeks, which is where my husband and I had mentally put ourselves at the earliest. The nurse hasn't returned my calls and her and I really did not hit it off during my visit. I feel like I need some reassurance. My next test is in two days, but if anybody has words of reassurance before then, it would be greatly appreciated.
    As far as I know hcg levels should increase if you are pregnant not decrease. I work with pregnant women and we regularly check those whose pregnancy is unsure by taking bloods from them to check beta-hcg and progesteron levels. If the levels are increasing that mens pregnancy is inside, so check it with your gynaecologist but I think your gp is wrong.
    Plus see gynaecologist for the absence of your periods , I think they stopped because you are breastfeeding but go to see gynae doctor. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hcg levels ? [ 2 Answers ]

My hcg went from89 to 398 3 days apart to 4123 in 5 days is it multipules? My husband is in the army my last period was may 29th only seen my hubby June 4 through 9 so I ca only be a couple weeks

HCG levels [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to know if you have your hcg levels taken and they are at a 310 and the next day they are at 243 does this mean you are for sure having a miscarriage?

Hcg levels? [ 2 Answers ]

Confused I am 19 days post ovulation and I had a blood test to check for pregnancy and I got the results today they said I have a hcg level of 4 and to come and be re tested in 5 days,I am confused am I pregnant or not? I thought any hcg under 5 was a negative? So why the need to retest,is it...

HCG Levels [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I'm looking for information about twins and hcg levels. At 7 weeks, I was measuring at 165,000 mIu. I know that the range for singletons is from 7500-229000 for 7-8 weeks... but I was wondering if these numbers could be indicative of twins. My first u/s or doppler...

View more questions Search