Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommy2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 05:34 PM
    Baby moving.
    I am 21 weeks, an I barley feel the baby move.. is this normal? Its my first child?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 31, 2009, 01:03 PM

I would say its normal. Consistent movement shouldn't be expected until 28 weeks.

Sometimes first time mothers feel the baby but don't recognize it. Other times, the placenta may be in the front so you won't feel movement even if there is some.

Have you had your 2nd trimester ultrasound yet?
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Aug 31, 2009, 02:02 PM

It's normal I didn't start feeling the baby move much till 23 weeks. Now that I am 24 weeks I can feel the baby move a lot more.
    MarieLee89 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2009, 02:14 PM

its different for everyone. The doctor gave me a chart in the first pregnancy at twenty weeks and said when you start feeling movement daily then record and keep track.
    felt baby:
    first pregnancy=22 weeks
    second=18 weeks
    its different for every woman eevery pregnancy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

28 weeks pregnant, baby not moving lot than used to be? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, Its been a long time since I check on this website and the last question was my mornnig sickness in Sept.. This Sat, I will be 28 weeks and guess what, my morning sickness has stopped since 16th weeks of pregnant.. thank god for that!! When I was morning sickness, I lost 11 lbs. And now I...

Baby not moving! Good or Bad? [ 5 Answers ]

Im 38 weeks and one day pregnant. My baby has been still for about 4 days now. I asked my mom if she thought if it was good or bad she said "its been so long ago and there are so many new things that im learning about your pregnancy, i dont know what to think about it." I go to the doctor this...

Baby moving [ 8 Answers ]

I have heard many people say that when you first feel the baby move it feels like a flutter that takes your breath away. I keep trying to concentrate to see if I can feel the baby move but I don't know if I have really felt the baby or not. Sometimes I feel kind of a thumping. Sort of like when you...

When do you normally feel the baby moving for the first time? [ 2 Answers ]

I am about 8 weeks pregnant with my first.. and I am just wondering when the first sign of the baby moving would be felt. Everyone Ive asked has said around 3 months they felt their baby move.. which I am in the last week of the second month

View more questions Search