Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpmeuser1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 10:57 AM
    Vaginal Discharge
    Can anyone help..?

Used condoms for nearly a year, now after a few months of not I'm getting a discharge- yellow but sometimes looks white. Neither of us are sleeping around 100%. Sometimes a slight itch and sometimes it burns a little Can't get to a doc until Thursday so wondering if anyone has any idea? Thanks!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 11:01 AM

It sounds to me like a bacterial infection.
    If it is your doctor will most likely prescribe either a cream or tablets to clear it up.

I get them every so often and have similar symptoms to what you described.
    If you use a condom every time then there is little risk of your partner having it but if you are concerned ask your doctor and he may need to be treated as well.
    At one point I kept getting them constantly until I found out that my partner kept giving it back to me even though he had no symptoms.
    naimah08 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 11:22 AM
    Hi there its most likely thursh hun it's a common women thing every female will get it once in there life so there nothing to worry about its easily treated with cream to help with the itchyness and a tablet that's inserted inside you there is also another one called bv which is the same as thush (not an sti) and can be treated similar as thrush the only diff it has a fishy smell to it good luck
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2009, 11:49 PM
    Sounds like thrush to me. Best to get it checked out though, just to be sure.

As shazza said, get your partner checked out as well, because they can unwittingly reinfect you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal discharge [ 2 Answers ]

If I have abnormal vaginal discharge should I consult a GYN or just see my regular health practitioner?

Vaginal discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I have been to the gynecologist and she has told me that I had an unbalanced pH and she prescribed this antibiotic. After being on it for 5days the odor and discharge went away. However, it always seems like every time I urinate, the odor is still there and after I get up and walk around, there's a...

Vaginal discharge [ 1 Answers ]

White discharge which smells no other symptoms

Vaginal Discharge [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had unprotected sex about a month ago and I have been very worried about STD's. The guy said that he was clean and that he previous partner and only partner for the last 6 months was tested but I don't know what to believe. I also went to the Student Health Services at my University for a...

View more questions Search