Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happybunie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Trying hard to become pregnant
    Me and my fiancé have been trying to conceive 5 months. I no about the "right days" etc, but I feel this is a silly question but in them days does it matter how many times we have sex? What about having sex when not in them days? Is that still OK?:confused: please help!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2006, 04:59 PM
    Having way too much sex, may prevent it from happening. Every other day during your fertile time or even a couple of days before your fertile time. Which you will read a much detailed answer in my last post. As far as me personally it took my wife and I. 6 months to get pregnant. Each time we got pregnant was when we actually went on vacation. That is stress free and more relaxed environment. That is when it tends to happen.

Joe

Oct 15, 2006, 02:49 AM
    What about every other day in the month. And every ovuation day, maybe once or twice a day to make sure?
    Please help!!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2006, 04:25 AM
    There are only 3 or 4 days in each month that the women is fertile. Also checking your temperature is another way. When your temperature is slightly higher that means that you are ready to ovulate. As well as you do not necessarily make love during those fertile days but actually having intercourse a day or two before your ovulation would work. As long as the sperm is in the environment they will stay alive for up to 3 days the most in the perfect environment. As well positions are very important. The thing that I realize to be very true. The stress, the more stress the more things you try to do to get pregnant might actually prevent you from getting pregnant. What worked for myself is both partners having an orgasm at the same time, it is said to help push the sperm further where it is supposed to go. Also position, after elevating your legs and not getting right out of bed as soon as making love is over. Stay in bed for at least 20 minutes. Then get up and go for a shower. Do not worry if some sperm leaks this is normal. Not all of it leaks. If you have intercourse more then once in one day. Will decrease your chanch of becoming pregnant. The reason is you will already have sperm there from the first time. Then if you do it again. The women's body will take it as invading sperm the second time and will reject the sperm. Once every other day is fine. Also doing it more then once during several day period could effect the level of sperm. That is why it is recommended every other day.

Joe
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2006, 06:54 AM
    First of all there is a stress factor. You say it is you and your fiancé. Why not wait until after the wedding. Stress will be lower then and it may be easier for you to conceive.

Every other day is best. Do not do it every day or several times a day. This lowers sprem count.

It takes many women 6 months to a year of actually trying to become pregnant. Those that do not actually try tend to become pregnant right away.
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

Oct 15, 2006, 05:09 PM
    Hi happybunie, if you really want to get pregnant make a appt with an obgyn doctor talk to him or her about starting a family and he or she will walk you and your mate through the right steps to take. If I was you I would start taking prenantal viamins now to help build your hg hormones up so you have a better chance of getting pregnant, I did that in feb and got pregnant in April now the baby will be here in dec. the ultrasound said dec 11th 2006 : ) I hope this helps. Jnet : )

Oct 16, 2006, 06:23 AM
    What vitamins should I take, recently I just started to take folic acid as my friend said they are good. What other vitamins should I be taking? I'm so glad this sight is here because otherwise I would be pulling my hair out. I don't have a mum to give me this advice so I'm glad I have found support on here. Thank you
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2006, 08:08 AM
    Don't worry, it will happen. Its true what they say, the stress, and the wanting pregnancy so bad, can actually make it take longer. My hubby and I tried for 1 year for our second baby. It was a stressful time, his job only allowed him to be home 10 days out of the month, and that went on for most of our time trying. We moved, he got a better job, he was home every night, and it was SO Much more relaxing. We got pregnant that very month. Haha. And our first baby was conceieved only about 2 weeks after our wedding. Once again, stress free time. So make sure you slow down, and take time to really be with your fiancé, and make it about the two of you, and not just focusing on having a baby. Just have fun with it. Don't lose sight of that part. Or you might end up pregnant, but with a damaged relationship. As far as vitamins go, folic acid is VERY good to take. I took that for 8 months before I got pregnant. Then I just switched to otc prenatals. They have everything in them that you need to have a healthy start for your baby. Also I would suggest having a pre-conception check up with your doctor. Just to check things out and make sure everything is in order on your road to mother hood. Best wishes, I hope you get your wish soon. (ps. I agree with j9 on waiting till after the big day. Along with the lower stress, morning sickness is not something you want to battle along with wedding plans. HAHa. Just athought) keep us posted.
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

Oct 17, 2006, 04:54 PM
    happybunie the vitamins that your taking is good, but you should make that preconception appt with your doctor so he or she can start you on the right vitamins for you to have a health pregnancy. My doctor had to change my vitamins to the ones with iron and calcium in them, so make your appt asap and please feel free to keep me posted : ) Jnet
    gracie20406 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 05:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by happybunie
    me and my fiance have been trying to concieve 5 months. i no about the "right days" etc, but i feel this is a silly question but in them days does it matter how many times we have sex? what about having sex when not in them days? is that still ok?:confused: please help!
    It is stated that if you have sex around time of ovu, then it is highly likely to get pregnant, because the sperm can live 4 at least 7 days! But not all couples r able to conceive right away, but keep trying, and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

Hard Drive [ 4 Answers ]

My Question is : I have a 40gb hard drive. I have some music, and some pic's. My hard drive has 13% free. I can't believe I 'm using 29gb for that. How do I determine what to clean and how do I do it?

Is this really that hard to do [ 4 Answers ]

I have a girlfriend and she has a child that is not mine we have talked about marriage and having a child.The question I have is I love her child he has a father but not a "Dad" do men in my situation think about when they have their own child that they might play "favorites" with their own flesh...

Hard Question: [ 4 Answers ]

How can a demand for religion in the United States be measured? HANK :)

Trying to hard? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a male trying to find a female. I would like to find someone to love and have a familly with. My friends stay stop looking and it will come. I stop looking for 3 weeks then I start looking again because nothing is happening. I can't even seem to meet women never mind find 1 worth...

View more questions Search