Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ethansmomma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 06:55 PM
    Mirena IUD.
    I had a baby boy in April of last year & in May I got the Mirena IUD. I almost passed out when they put it in & bled straight for about 6 months. After that I would bleed for a few days & then stop for a few days & bleed for a few days & so on & so forth ever since then.
    Well I had heard that you could still get pregnant with an IUD in & I got nervous because I never use a back-up method. So I took a pt in January & it was negative. It still wasn't good enough for me so I scheduled an OB/GYN appt. I took a pt there and she examined me, said it was normal for me to still be bleeding & gave me an ultrasound. All was fine, no baby, no cysts, nothing.
    So I just put it in the back of my head after that. Until now. I bleed heavily after sex. I have had random strangers ask me if I was having another baby! (I still have about 15 pounds to lose after gaining 55 with my son, but still!) I've been feeling sick lately, my fiancée even told me that I looked pale a few times. I noticed that my milk production has gone down quite a bit in the last few weeks. I feel super tired all day no matter how much sleep I get. I can't lay on my stomach because it starts to hurt & when I lay on my side & try to feel my belly it has a spring to it... kind of hard to explain I guess. And I have also started having sharp pains in my head followed by migraines & cramps so bad I keel over, but after I get some sleep it goes away. Plus for the past week I have been bleeding as heavy as I was when I first got it put in.
    I am so confused & have no clue what's going on. All I need is some advice to figure this out. I am sick of bleeding all the time! Help!!
    hobbzilla Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Apr 18, 2009, 11:58 PM

I'm not a doctor but it sounds like it might be time to take that sucker out and go back on the pill or use other forms of effective birth control -- that does not include "pulling-out" :P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be pregnant with the iud mirena? [ 5 Answers ]

OK. I have had the mirena in for a year and a half. After my son was born. I have always had regular periods that come at 28 day cycles. Except for this last month. My period came a week and a half late. And when I got it it was very lite for 9 days. I have pregnancy symptoms and have taking...

Mirena IUD [ 4 Answers ]

Can I get pregnant on the Mirena IUD?

Mirena and don't know what to do [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and have the mirena. I get really bad cramps in the morning and sometimes get sick. I have recently read all the bad things about the mirena and am debating on whether to get the thing removed. I don't have a period on it which I love but am always wondering if I am pregnant. I am...

View more questions Search