Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JustHisGirl Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Feb 22, 2009, 07:43 PM
    birth control
    I've been on seasonique for a week now. My boyfriend is scared to have sex with me on the pill because he's afraid it could just randomly stop working, unlike the shot, if it works it works, can the pill just stop working like that?
    justgottaknow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 07:55 PM

While no form of birth control is 100% effective, the pill is pretty darn close. And no, it won't just "stop working." the pill elevates the amount of hormones in your body, causing it to think it's pregnant. If you don't miss you're doses, you should be fine. If your boyfriend still worried have him go to planned parenthood for more information, and just have him wear a condom, as well.
    JustHisGirl Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Feb 22, 2009, 07:58 PM

OK thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 08:01 PM

Yes we have a expert or two here that had babies while on the pill. So it is far from 100 percent, but then no method is, using two methods helps a lot. So there is always a chance each time you have sex, so you just need to be prepared if that does happen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Birth control [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way to have your period quicker when on the pill? Maybe skip the week of pills before your designated (white pill) period week?

I'm new to birth control. [ 2 Answers ]

I was put on birth control about 2 weeks ago and that week I missed Friday and Saturday due to working late, and I missed Thursday this week. I wanted to know how many days I can miss until I have to start over again? Or how many days I can miss without getting pregnant? AND what do I do with the...

Birth Control [ 5 Answers ]

:( I was at odds with this discission. My daughter has sever periods that she has missed School many times because of it,I spoke with my gyno and she recommend birth control For this problem. She assured me that a lot of girls now even as early as 11yrs old go no it Too. My concern was is it an...

Birth Control [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here it goes I had to stop taking my birth control about 2 months ago because I make too much money so my medicaid was taken away so anyway I don't know if I am stressed or just paranoid or what but I came on my cycle twice in November and the last time I had my cycle was Dec 5 and I haven't had...

View more questions Search