Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    breanna_blaze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2012, 08:47 PM
    I too am so scared I'm pregnant.. ive had mine now for over 2 years and my moods are horrific I cry and pee all day long I'm sick and dizzy and have been spotting brown for 4 days now. I took a test and it came back negative... o what a crap place for all of us to be in I guess its off to the dr for me... good luck everyone
    Laurenkalen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 10:57 AM
    I am 18 and I got mirena so that I could protect myself from getting pregnant and I could go to college without worrying about being pregnant. I am really worried though that I might be pregnant because I have beeen feeling light headed, sick to my stomach, boobs are getting bigger and are really sore, backaches. I just feel that I am pregnant and I'm scared to get a pregnancy test for the fear of the out come. Also if I am pregnant I am really worried about my health and the babies.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurenkalen View Post
    I am 18 and i got mirena so that i could protect myself from getting pregnant and i could go to college without worrying about being pregnant. I am really worried though that i might be pregnant because i have beeen feeling light headed, sick to my stomach, boobs are getting bigger and are really sore, backaches. I just feel that i am pregnant and i'm scared to get a pregnancy test for the fear of the out come. Also if i am pregnant i am really worried about my health and the babies.
    I know it can be frightening to consider being pregnant when you don't have plans for that right now, but the only way you will know for certain is to test. It is not common with an IUD in place, but it can happen as no form of birth control will be 100% effective. Sooner or later, some women will become pregnant.

Since you are concerned about the health of a possible baby and yourself, it would be wise to either take a test at home, making sure that you follow the directions carefully, or see your doctor. You may also be able to get one at the health clinic at your school. If you are pregnant, your doctor would most likely want to remove the IUD. This would need to be done by your doctor, hence the need for testing.

For the peace of mind, try a test.
    Numberonemom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 04:40 PM
    I gave a son who is ten months I got the mirena placed in in December recently I haven't been getting my period for two months now I'm peeing a lot and get nasous. We were unsafe a coue times but thought it was okay bcs I was on the iud am I pregnant?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2012, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Numberonemom View Post
    I gave a son who is ten months I got the mirena placed in in december recently I havnt been getting my period for two months now im peeing alot and get nasous. We were unsafe a coue times but thought it was okay bcs I was on the iud am I pregnant?

Hi Numberonemom:

Generally the IUD is all the protection most women who have one will use. Pregnancy is possible, although not common. If you think pregnancy might be a possibility, try a pregnancy test.
    courtcheeks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 09:46 PM
    I've been suspecting pregnancy for about a week or so now, with each day becoming more-so. I got the mirena in precisely 101 days ago.

First sign I have is the tender breasts, sore nipples and roundness of them. Recently I've noticed my nipples looking different, although I can't figure out why. I have never, ever, had breast tenderness etc before, so this was alarming.

Also, I have an unsettled "acidic" or "sour" hungry feeling. I feel like I could just eat and eat. I may be temporarily relieve, but then I feel hungry with the acid feeling again.

Fatigue - which may or may not be related to having a busy schedule.

Constipation.

Headaches (some more severe, some mild)

Really thirsty.

It is hard to make a prompt appointment here because I am stationed with my husband in The Netherlands. It's a huge process to get an appointment, which I'm working on. In the mean time, any input or stories of your own would be great.

I did take a negative pregnancy test, but then again, I know other woman who also did with the IUD and had a baby. Regardless, this IUD is coming out.
    Kolton2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 09:53 PM
    If you don't have insurance and need to get tested you can go to the Health Department. The provide medical services and it is based on your income. That is what I am going to do. I have had a lot of pregnancy symptoms and my tummy is blowing up. I haven't gained any weight but it looks like I am very pregnant. I have had the Mirena for about 2 months and am having all the pregnancy symptoms. I am scared to death, we are doing good to take care of the little boy that we have now and both my husband and I work full time outside the home.
    kt1030 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 04:44 PM
    To "lovemy2boys" , I have also had the mirena in for 3 years, 3.5 actually.. and I am worried I might be pregnant. I took a test, even though the "unprotected" sex (although the mirena is supposed to be the protection) took place just a week ago. I have another test so, I plan to wait at least another week or longer before I take the second test. My question is though, have you had your period the whole 3 yrs or no? I have not had my period the entire time I've had the mirena in and I just don't see how I could possibly get pregnant but Im definitely having the same "feeling" I had when I was pregnant with my daughter 4 yrs ago..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be pregnant with the iud mirena? [ 5 Answers ]

OK. I have had the mirena in for a year and a half. After my son was born. I have always had regular periods that come at 28 day cycles. Except for this last month. My period came a week and a half late. And when I got it it was very lite for 9 days. I have pregnancy symptoms and have taking...

Pregnant with mirena? [ 5 Answers ]

I have had the mirena IUD for about a year and a half I haven't had a period for some time now (which is why I decided on that form of BC) I already have a 2 1/2 year old sone. Lately however I have been having some of the same symptoms as when I was pregnant before.. Tender breast, terrible...

Am I pregnant with the Mirena IUD? [ 40 Answers ]

Ok this is my short story to help you understand what I'm trying to ask. I am 23 years old. I have 3 children 1 passed away due to SIDS. My husband and I decided for me to get an IUD. It has been in for a year now. I have had normal periods until now. Lately I spot a brown colored blood for a day...

Can I be pregnant on the mirena? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and have been on the mirena since the 3rd march since then I have split with my partner nad am now with guy and very settled and happy accept I have irregular bleeding I at first put this down to having sex more often and him being more endowded then my ex! But it has continued I...

View more questions Search