Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pacgrovemum Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Could I be sick in the first two weeks of my second pregnancy?
    I haven't asked a doctor yet, I really dislike them. Is any mom ever sick in her second week?:rolleyes:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 02:24 PM
    No, I wouldn't think you would be sick in the second week of your pregnancy. You know, if you are pregnant you are going to have to get over your dislike of doctors and see one for the safety of you and you baby.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 02:25 PM
    If you are pregnant it is an absolute necessity to see a doctor. For the sake of yourself, but mostly for the sake of your baby.

Many women are sick the second week of pregnancy, all the way through the 12 week, some even the entire pregnancy.

Do you know for sure if you are pregnant?

May 7, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Ummm, I thought so. I could be. GOOD!
    NO ladies... we do NOT need to go to a doctor, there are such fantastic professionals called MIDWIVES
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 02:46 PM
    Midwives/doctors... Even with a midwife you need to be followed by a doctor. Midwives are not (at least the country where I live) trained to handle unexpected life threatening emergencies.
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 03:49 PM
    I agree with J-9 regarding the doctor follow up, but here in Ontario midwives are allowed to attend in a hospital environment) and they have proven themselves to be quite useful. I would say the trend has far exceeded expectations from what I have read here and I am pleased to say, breast feeding is on the rise! Mainly suppressed in the city because so many people complained about the old breast popping out anywhere (a large exaggeration to be sure!). Women nowadays keep it 'under wraps' (another play on words) to make sure they can breast feed at a moments notice.

Good luck, girl and enjoy your pregnancy, they are really quite fun and a whole new awakening especially if you are sharing it with a loved one. :)
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Yes, midwives are able to practice in the Labor & Delivery setting here in the US also. The trend is on the rise here as well. However, when there is a complication, such as placenta abruptio for example, the obstetrician steps in and does the necessary immediate C-Section. You see, midwives are not allowed to perform surgery and they are to turn over extremely high risk patients, such as those with eclampsia.

Midwives have there place, there is no doubt in my mind... However, a physician usually follows a pregnancy to monitor for high risk categories should the need arise for immediate delivery.

May 8, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Well here this will annoy you but inform others, NO DOCTORS.

They are NOT the end all be all, and your blind and deaf devotion is hardly knowledgeable.. quote statistically how MANY deaths, deformities, and injuries to babies and mothers are done BY THE DOCTORS

No way, jose.. a doula and a midwife, at home in a pool. For real health, and for real happiness, and for real peace, not surgical instruments and fear and rudeness and obstruction of justice when they cause the harm, and their hospital covers it up. Lying too.

Mothers to be, you do NOT need to be in a hospital, where absolute JERKS making millions and practising deceit and dishonesty pass around slave like phrases through word of mouth, to keep the fear revolving door happening.

Whatever kind of dream birth YOU dream, is YOUR best intuition. And tell these pushy nurses etc to quit peddling centuries of oppression to women who delivered at home, for each other, since humans began..

We deliver for each other, knowledgeably, skilled or unskilled, with strategy and planning.

Without fear.

We surround ourselves with Love, warmth, comforts and patience.
    And gee, healthy or unhealthy, babies are born, and cared for, and the hospital does not OWN them, and remove them from our arms, and whisper to you you are wrong for this, or wrong for that, you have a suction nearby for mucus and remove choking diffiiculty, you have heart monitors and so on, and you just let nature take its course.

OF COURSE you go to check ups wherever you want, and learn your baby from day one in side

But never ever ever swallow this sham that only a hospital, blah blah balh
    That is a closed mind

Not the joy and breathing freedom we profess to uphold

All of my life, and my daughter's life aged 7, my mother her mimi, gramma has USED hospitals and nurses and doctors to get medicines to poison us in our bottles and in our mouths and by force as you age, while these same doctors feel the fractures, and the dislocations, and the bruises are photographed by the polivces, and so on a and so forth and not ONE doctor I ever wrote to has stood up, not even pediatricians, to stop her Munchausen Syndrome by proxy murdering us.and the other abuses and the starvations, all of the doctors ALL of them through\out her lifetime, my sisters mine, my dead brothers, my nephews, my dad post coma, my daughter now.. all doctors and nurses never call cps, never cooperate with police, never turn her in, never video camera her stealing , never write me back, never write the DA, never STOP HER

And these conspirators of attempted repeat, repeat ER murderers want in on that action of touching your baby before you do, and telling you if you can even hold your own baby, and then walking off with your own baby.

The trust these two show, is sadly ignorant, and dumb. Because we KNOW better, and some NOT ALL OF US some are still riding that wheel ,

Mothers do not have to.
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pacgrovemum
    Well here this will annoy you but inform others, NO DOCTORS.,
    Doesn't annoy me at all. But what I have to say will annoy you.

they are NOT the end all be all, and your blind and deaf devotion is hardly knowledgeable..quote statistically how MANY deaths, deformities, and injuries to babies and mothers are done BY THE DOCTORS
    MY blind and deaf devotion? Looks like you are the one who is blind and deaf.

no way, jose..a doula and a midwife, at home in a pool. For real health, and for real happiness, and for real peace, not surgical instruments and fear and rudeness and obstruction of justice when they cause the harm, and their hospital covers it up. Lying too.
    Wow, you are grossly misinformed. How do you know that they are the ONLY ones who cause harm? How do you? I personally have worked with a midwife who broke the water of a lady in labor way too early, her labor did not progress as expected and the doctor was called in to do a stat C-Section so that the infant did not get hypoxia and suffer irreversible brain damage that would have been caused by the midwife.

Mothers to be, you do NOT need to be in a hospital, where absolute JERKS making millions and practising deceit and dishonesty pass around slave like phrases through word of mouth, to keep the fear revolving door happening.
    I AM A NURSE IN A HOSPITAL AND I AM NOT A JERK, NOR ARE ANY OF THE DOCTORS OR MIDWIVES I WORK FOR. We don't practice deceit, we are not dishonest.

Whatever kind of dream birth YOU dream, is YOUR best intuition. And tell these pushy nurses etc to quit peddling centuries of oppression to women who delivered at home, for each other, since humans began..
    PUSHY NURSES!! LMFAO Apparently you have had some bad experiences. We use birthing balls, we use mediation and relaxation, we use birthing pools, and birthing beds. We cater to whatever the mother wants.

We surround ourselves with Love, warmth, comforts and patience.
    And gee, healthy or unhealthy, babies are born, and cared for, and the hospital does not OWN them, and remove them from our arms, and whisper to you you are wrong for this, or wrong for that, you have a suction nearby for mucus and remove choking diffiiculty, you have heart monitors and so on, and you just let nature take its course.
    Hun, your brain has been poisoned. By whom I do not know. But you are so full of misinformation.
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 01:52 PM
    These two, as you say and maybe not speaking for J-9 who I know is a mother and a nurse and a very qualified one I believe. I am not a nurse but a Personal Support Worker.

I had my son in a hospital during a very rough time in my life, I was 39 and not even in my own country.. Some said it was an age that was very difficult to have babies. He was lovely, small, but strong and is now 25. I didn't have a bad experience, it was lovely for me.

Your post is full of bitterness and vitreol and I feel sorry for you that you write as you do about doctors and nurses, who may have to save you, or your children one day.

Shame on you for writing as you did. What did we say to you that earned such disrespect and mean spirited words, because you said 'these two' and we were the only two who answered your post. Your past experiences were nothing of our doing.
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 02:08 PM
    I think I will stick to seniors, horses, dogs, (not fish), relationships and maybe gerbils. :(
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 02:10 PM
    There is a time and place for everything... even medical interventions. Are they as necessary as they are used?. certainly not. Does one intervention often beget another? Absolutely there is an increase in odds for such a situation. The vast majority of births need no intervention... however, the pendulum is towards medically managed births right now, and given that, "we" (as a society) are such that interventions, medications, and someone to blame when things don't go well are often expected and demanded.

It's a catch 22... doctors, and many midwives these days who practice much like OBs, are trained for the "what ifs", using procedures across the board to catch the small percentage of women who will have true medical need for intervention. "Our" litigious mindset has driven many to continue to practice this way, and now it is to the point where a good number of those helping women in birth rarely see births that have no intervention whatsoever utilised... it has become the rule instead of the exception. Birth shows on television don't help... while some are quite good at showing "normal" births, many will be very dramatic, after all, they tend to be more entertaining. Unfortunately, this often results in families, who have no previous experience with childbirth, to assertain that lying in bed, having several interventions used, to help mom along, are all part of the birth process. I call these "assembly line" births.

I do see, in pockets around the country, the pendulum slowly shifting, but it takes education, determination, and time for changes in practice to shift. However, I don't see it ever getting to the point where it could be, simply because it is the nature of the beast in this country.

Doctors and many midwives, who happen to work within an OB practice, obviously want things to go well, and do what they feel will propagate that result... but they are also forced by a number of outside influences to toe the line, so to speak, and jump on board with the current climate of how births are often dealt with.

They are not some part of an evil scheme to take away the normacy of birth... the majority are not trying to wield their power and authority, but truly want to secure a healthy mother and healthy baby... it's just that sometimes their methods are little skewed... :)

Just wanted to add onto what J_9 said... the hospitals I work at have nurses that are tremendous, often going to bat for the mothers when their doctor, or even their midwife, wants to jump in "too soon" with an intervention. Their hands are tied at a point however, so there are times where they will be expected to carry out an intervention that they may not personally agree with at that time, for that mother, in that particular situation.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 02:25 PM
    I haven't asked a doctor yet, I really dislike them. Is any mom ever sick in her second week?:rolleyes:
    In answer to your original post... certainly some mothers will experience symptoms, including nausea, in the second week of pregnancy.
    You do not need to have care from anyone... some women choose to go it alone including to the point of having an unasisted birth. The nice thing is that there are choices for women who want to pursue avenues out of the mainstream or within it.
    Everyone has a different comfort level, different needs, and different opinions as to the care and involvement of outside sources, or lack there of, that they desire. If you are pregnant, I wish you a joyous pregnancy and birth experience.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 03:04 PM
    I do so agree with other posters, but I also want to point out to you sweet sweet pacgrovemum, you can go through your whole pregnancy with a midwife, and then deliver in a hospital if you would like. This is what I did with my four children. I wanted as natural as I could get. No pain meds, no IV's nothing... I could have delivered at home if I wanted to but in all honesty, why would I when something very wrong could happen. So I took all my options and finally came to the conclusion that I can have all of my wants and needs. Have a midwife and be safe all at the same time! No one can make you do anything. They induced me into labor twice out of four times. But the other two times were totally natural, I do have to say I fought with a few people because I didn't want an IV... It took a little coaxing to tell them I had the right to make that decision and they finally gave in... now that I think about it, I was actually more pissed that they fought with me on it, than I was to even get the damn thing. I know they were just trying to be safe, so I told them I understood their concerns but I am standing my ground. Also I left the hospital early each time, after they all said everything was normal, I felt it was safe to go home early. They also asked me to stay for a longer period, I just said I do not want to... So, if I were to make any assumption on what all of these people have said to you. I would say that you can make your own decisions, there are great doctors and great nurses. BUT you do not have to judge others on their reasons for doing or not doing something you would or wouldn't. We all get to make our own choices. You live with yours and I will live with mine. ;)
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 03:04 PM
    all of my life, and my daughter's life aged 7, my mother her mimi, gramma has USED hospitals and nurses and doctors to get medicines to poison us in our bottles and in our mouths and by force as you age, while these same doctors feel the fractures, and the dislocations, and the bruises are photographed by the polivces, and so on a nd so forth and not ONE doctor I ever wrote to has stood up, not even pediatricians, to stop her Munchausen Syndrome by proxy murdering us.and the other abuses and the starvations, all of the doctors ALL of them through\out her lifetime, my sisters mine, my dead brothers, my nephews, my dad post coma, my daughter now..all doctors and nurses never call cps, never cooperate with police, never turn her in, never video camera her stealing , never write me back, never write the DA, never STOP HER
    I have to apologize for my previous harshness. As I re-read your post I see that you are a victim of Munchausen's Syndrome By Proxy. Understand that your mother is to blame... NOT the doctors. Munchausen's is very hard to detect and prove. Many HEALTHY mothers, notice I said healthy mothers know what is best for their children. The doctors follow the reports of the mothers and act upon that. Many women who suffer Munchausen's take their children to many doctors so as to not be detected. You even say that the police took photographs.

Did the police prosecute? Are you as bitter with the police as you are with the doctors?

Again, you have been poisoned by your mother, you need to seek some counseling to understand her disease. And I hope, in the end, that she was found out and that she was prosecuted for this and was sentenced to the highest level of punishment. She is the monster, not the doctors.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up J_9...
    I had no idea either.
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 03:17 PM
    my sisters mine, my dead brothers, my nephews, my dad post coma, my daughter now..
    I just noticed this. You are ALLOWING this to happen to your daughter? :eek:

You can be tried as well as your mother if this is caught, you can go to prison with your mother if she is caught and you have not put a stop to it.

Stop blaming the doctors and start blaming your mother. While you are at it, you can blame yourself for letting it happen to your daughter as well.

I'm sorry I sound so harsh, but JEEZY PEET, you come here to complain about doctors, yet you allow your own child to be harmed in the same way you were. I do believe both you and your mother need some intensive counseling.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Yes, she is angry with the injustices that have been done, rightfully so, however, there comes a time when you are an adult and you need to take the necessary action to move passed a trauma and regain your rightful self. No doubt there is an element of guilt since her daughter apparently has been involved as well.
    I hope the outburst was cathartic, I hope help is being sought to deal with the past and move onto a future that you can be proud of for both you and your daughter.
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 03:43 PM
    With all due respect to J-9, DoulaLC and Startover, we are only compounding the OPs issues by offering further replies. Our OP has already made her own choices and decisions and from the looks of it, most likely she is not willing to change that opinion and no amount of platitudes or further advice will alter that. Its only human nature. You guys are all wonderful for feeling the way you do, you are all very caring individuals and I trust that opinion every time you post helping someone.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    With all due respect to J-9, DoulaLC and Startover, we are only compounding the OPs issues by offering further replies. Our OP has already made her own choices and decisions and from the looks of it, most likely she is not willing to change that opinion and no amount of platitudes or further advice will alter that. Its only human nature. You guys are all wonderful for feeling the way you do, you are all very caring individuals and I trust that opinion every time you post helping someone.
    You could be correct... it can be very challenging to overcome past trauma. Takes a tremendous amount of courage and determination. Perhaps something will strike a cord with the OP and it can be the catalyst for change... perhaps it won't make any difference at all. I do know that often times some people just lurk and read posts... maybe others will get some benefit from the information everyone has shared... from the answers to the initial question if nothing else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Over 2 weeks late but Pregnancy tests are negative [ 22 Answers ]

My periods are very regular but I am over two weeks late. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 6 months. I have taken several home tests and they are negative. I also went to my doctor last week for a routine pap and she said my urine test was negative. Is it possible that...

14 Weeks Pregnant + Sick With Cold [ 1 Answers ]

Is this dangerous, after researching around Google, I did not find an answer but I did find that being sick while pregnant, is bound to happen sometime during pregnancy, my fiancé has gotten the cold, she's 14weeks, she claims I worry too much But is the baby exposed more to any dangers now that...

Does the last 17 weeks of pregnancy do by fast? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 17 weeks and 3 days left and I am just wondering if this time goes by fast? I am so excited to see my baby boy! I dream about him all the time and can't wait to meet him:) Please let me know your experiences, did it go by fast for you ladies out there?

6 weeks pregnancy [ 45 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and I started having slight bleeding and I am scared because I had a misscarriage in nov of 2006 and me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant and when we found out we were already pregnant and I am scared to tell him cause he will freak out what should I do?...

Pregnancy at 6 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and my breast are not sore

View more questions Search