Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronifromju Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 10:12 PM
    Implantation bleeding
    Hi, me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on 27th of feb, later, she had taken an emergency contraceptive pill and she got her periods (? supposedly) on 13th march, her last period before that was on 7th feb and her cycle is pretty irregular. What I want to know is that the bleeding she had on 13th march, can it be implantation bleeding? But as she told me the flow was like her regular periods, lasting 3 days and having a low flow-heavy flow- low flow pattern. I have also come across articles in internet which says implantation bleeding,if at all, takes place between 6-12 days after fertilization, so the maximum date for implantation bleeding should be 12 days from 28th feb, i.e. 10th march. But the bleeding had occurred on 13th march. On 13th march also she had taken another home pregnancy test, and the result was again negative.
    That means had taken HPT on 10 and 14th day after there was an unprotected sex. Both the times the result were negative. And the discharge she had was dark reddish black. We thought that it was her periods and since then she has not taken any HPT. And recently (on 13th april) she had taken another HPT and this time also the result was also negative. Can someone please tell me whether the bleeding was implantation bleeding or not and whether she may be pregnant or not... thanks in advance.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 10:16 PM
    The thing is, the bleeding could result from either implantation bleeding or from taking the EC.

Both result in bleeding, spotting, and discharge.

EC brings an early and irregular cycle.

My only suggestion is for you to wait a few more days, and then take another double hpt test. Be sure to follow examples exactly as stated.

Next time, use a condom.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 11:39 PM
    Sneeze is right, but if you get another negative result though and still don't trust it go to the dr.'s

Apr 15, 2008, 11:46 PM
    She has already taken 3 tests... on 9th, 14th and 40 days after the incident. All were negative. On the 14th day of the incident, she took a test which was negative and on the same day, she had the bleeding. And I did use a condom, but unfortunately there was a condom malfunction, I mean, there was a small hole in the condom. :(
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 11:50 PM
    40 days after sex, if three hpt tests were negative, I'm going to go on "not pregnant," assuming that she followed the exact directions (test in the morning... before drinking anything... etc)

She should be coming around on her period sometime this week, yes?

Apr 16, 2008, 12:22 AM
    Actually I also thought the same thing. But then I came to know about something called "implantation bleeding", and suddenly my worries started to grow. The first to tests were conducted with the first urine in the morning, i.e. those conducted on 9th and 14th day after the incident. The bleeding she had on 13th march ( 34 days after her normal, confirmed period on 7th february) was a blackish red in colour, but the flow was as her normal period, maintaining a light flow-heavy flow-light flow and lasted for 3 days. But because the initial flow was a bit blackish in color, we decided to take the HPT again, and this time we had chosen a random time. But the result was negative.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2008, 12:30 AM
    Only the initial flow? I don't know about all women, but my initial flow is usaully pretty slow and since blood tends to dry pretty dark I don't think anything of it if its really dark at first.

I'd lean towards not pregnant too

Apr 16, 2008, 01:16 AM
    Yes only the initial flow was dark reddish black. Afterwards, when the flow started getting heavier, the color was normal red. And the total lifespan was similar to her normal period duration. Something around 3 days.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Implantation bleeding is very rare, and actually not proven medically beyond the shadow of a doubt. Sound like she's just getting her periods.

Apr 16, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Thanks for all your replies people... this morning only she got her periods...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implantation bleeding? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm liz and a few days ago I started spotting a brownish discharge. It lasted for two days and now when ever I wipe a pinkish or brown discharge on the tissue. I've never had spotting before. But recently I have gotten mild head aches and slight nausea. I've had unprotected sex numerous times this...

Implantation bleeding? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 24 year old woman, who just recently got married to the man of my dreams. We recently decided that it was time to get off the birth control and to try starting our own family, so I have been off the pill for 2 months ( I had been using the pill 5 years prior). I have heard that woman can get...

Implantation bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if I could be pregnant, I had implantation bleeding on day 22 of my cycle and then on day 32 I bled for one day again and it's been brown since. Could I be pregnant?

Implantation Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I had some bleeding a few days ago, and it started light, a few drops at mst, and then got a tiny bit heavier; not as mch a usual. It lasted 4 days, but my period is usually for 7,can anyone tell me if this was implantation bleeding?

Implantation Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to have implantation bleeding just 2 days after conception?

View more questions Search