Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cookies2806 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2006, 09:20 AM
    My cat has loose stool
    My cat had UTI and was given injections of antibiotics for 10 days. A month has gone by now and his stool is still lose and frequent. Would you tell me why?
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 1, 2006, 10:11 AM
    Are you referring to UTI (urinary tract infection) or something else? Next have you talked with your vet?

Feb 1, 2006, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilfyre
    Are you referring to UTI (urinary tract infection) or something else? next have you talked with your vet?

Yes, I am referring to urinary tract infection and yes I took him to the vet and she gave him medicine to stop the diareha. I just hope that it doesn't come back:confused:
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 1, 2006, 07:01 PM
    Okay what are you feeding him? Are you giving the cat milk? I am sorry for all the stupid questions. I am just trying to figure out a bit of what is going on.

Feb 1, 2006, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilfyre
    Okay what are you feeding him? Are you giving the cat milk? I am sorry for all the stupid questions. I am just trying to figure out a bit of what is going on.
    No, no milk, no cheese. He has been on Inova dried cat food for the past 5 years. It's a natural cat food with no antibiotics, biproducts...
    MCory Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 04:41 PM
    It could that your food is not high enough in fiber, more fiber should firm things up. Hill's R/D prescription diet is very high in fiber but should not be used as 100% of the diet. Home remedies are things like pumpkin pie filling from the can is very high in fiber. Just be aware of any food allergies your cat may have. As far as what causes diarrhea, any stress speeds up the G.I. tract and will cause diarrhea so a lot of times reducing stresses is the simplest and cheapest route. If you try all of this and it doesn't work have a fecal exam done on your cat to look for intestinal parasites (i.e. hookworms, roundworms, whipworms etc... ) the only thing they won't be able to find is tapeworms. Animals get them from ingesting fleas and they have to be seen visually in feces. They look like little grains of rice on and in the feces, sometimes you can see them go in and out of the anus as well. All intestinal parasites are easily treated it's just knowing what you're treating for so you know what to treat with. I would strongly recommend you use your vet's dewormers as most commercially bought dewormers are garbage. And if your vet can't fix it find a new vet. I hope I didn't give you too much info and I hope your cat is doing better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nursing Cat with Loose Stool [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My cat, June, has three kittens of her own(four weeks old) and a foster kitten a week older than hers.  About a week ago she started having excessive gas and loose stools, and it hasn't improved.  I had given her moist cat food as a treat, and thought that was the problem, but it couldn't...

My puppy has loose stool [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8+ week old Jack Russell and she has been with us for about a week and a half. She is in goos shape and has already has her initial shots and worming. Today after coming home from the store I took her out and she had loose stool (very loose). I was wondering what might have caused this....

Stool Flange [ 2 Answers ]

I will be replacing rotted 1 x 6 sub flooring and underlayment under the stool. Have crawl space. Will be using 1/4 backer board over all surface and putting in new vinyl. Has been a very long time since I last removed a cast iron flange. Want to raise it to level of backer board. Seems it was...

Puppy found that won't eat, blood in stool, dehydrated [ 3 Answers ]

What can I do to save this puppy I found in a box in the rain until a vet is available:confused: ? He is a very young sharpei, won't eat, looking for mother I think, so I put a ticking clock in his bed, blood in his stool (loose), dehydrated.

Loose weigth [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need your suggestion. I was gave birth 5 months ago,. and it's a big problem for me to loose my weight. Plsss gave some effective suggestion on how I loose my weight. I can't use my previous clothes, I need to buy new one. Thanks

View more questions Search