Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kattimb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Negative pregnancy test, but I'm a week late, I think.
    I'm honestly not sure how late I am because I'm trying not to keep track so much. I am trying to get pregnant, but over the past several months of trying and calculating, my mind can't take the constant worrying and waiting. I believe I'm a week late, maybe a few days more or less. I've had some cramping over the past four days and my breasts are extremely tender, I'm tired often and sort of moody, all of which I know could be PMS. however, I only have cramps the day that I start my period and a few days throughout, never many days before. I've taken a pregnancy test, and took it correctly, but it was negative. I will wait a few more days to see if my period comes and if not take another test. But, is it possible to be a week late and still have a negative result?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 02:06 PM
    It is possible to be months late, and not be pregnant. Or to be months late, and still getting negative test results. If you are getting false negatives, its because your hcg levels aren't high enough to register on an hpt, and a blood test is required. However, its possible that you are just late or completely missed a cycle. Both or which are not uncommon. Being a week late isn't really considered to be that late. If you hit two weeks late and no period, retest.if still negative, wait for your next period. If it doesn't come, test. If its negative again, its time to see your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, negative pregnancy test [ 3 Answers ]

I am usually very regular (31-32 day cycles) but the past 2 months my cycle has been shortened to 25-26 days... I wasn't exactly sure when I would start my period this month but at the latest it should have started on Nov 1st. It is now Nov. 5th and still no period... I had some spotting when I...

6 Negative pregnancy test, 2 weeks late [ 16 Answers ]

I'm 24 and have a very regular 28 day cycle. My period is 2 weeks late. I have had mild on and off symptoms. One day my boobs feel sore the next I'm fine. No cramps. I am not stressed, life is pretty good right know. Is it possible I'm getting false negative test results? I have a doctors appt...

Period 11 days late, negative pregnancy test a week ago, possibly still pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

My period is currently 11 days late. I took a pregnancy test about a week ago and it was negative. Is there still a chance I could be pregnant?

No period over a week, negative pregnancy test [ 1 Answers ]

Im very confused, I was due on my period on 3rd sept and its now the 10th, I am never late on for my period. On the 6th I was unable to attend work as I had extreme pain in my stomach area, it felt like trapped wind but also like bad period pain, I couldn't stand up properly as it felt painful...

1 week late, 4 negative pregnancy tests? [ 3 Answers ]

My last period was June 20, I did not take my birth control pill during the month of July, because my gynecologist appointment was not until a week after my last period. I should have started last week, around July 19 or 20, but I still haven't started. I have taken 4 home pregnancy tests and all...

View more questions Search