Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssmiles Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Missed Period & False Home Pregnancy Test
    I am 11 days late on my period. I took a home test today, it came out negative. I didn't however do it first thing in the morning, I had gone to the bathroom twice before taking the test. I am wondering if maybe that affected the test results.

I am not sure if I am pregnant though, there are a lot of factors that might be a cause for my missed period. I have recently became sexually active after six months of abstinence. I have had regular periods during that time. I became sexually active six weeks ago. I had my period the day after I first had sex, which was exactly when I was supposed to start.

My breasts have been tender for about the last four days and two weeks ago I had cramping like I was going to start my period. I am wondering if maybe that was implantation cramping. I've never been pregnant before, so this is all very confusing to me. We have not been using protection and I am not on birth control.

I am hoping someone can offer me some advise.
    ssmiles Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Does anyone have any advise for me?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 05:44 PM
    You can take another test with FMU and see if the test results change. The reason they suggest FMU is because if you use that, there is a higher concentration of HCG (pregnancy hormone) in your urine, then if you had already gone earlier, and therefore your results are more likely to show up. Its possible that your hcg levels simply aren't high enough to register on an hpt yet. If you take the second test and its still negative, wait for your next period. If it doesn't come, test again. If its still negative, its time to see your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Missed period, symptoms.. Pregnancy test negative! [ 2 Answers ]

I am two weeks late in starting my period. I have tender breasts, bloated feeling, even my upper legs feel sore, my teeth hurt, which is not normal for me. I took a pregnancy test early last week, it came out negative. Took another one last night, again negative. This morning while showering I...

Missed period and negative pregnancy test.am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here is my situation. My last period was on March 29. I am very regular and I'm not on any birth control. About two weeks after my last period I started spotting. I had unprotected sex the night before I started spotting wich kind of freaked me out(I never had spotting before). Well I missed my...

Missed period, pregnancy symptoms, negative test? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all I am new here. Just wanted your opinions; my last period started on Mar 16th (at the time I was on POP pill), then on Mar 23th ran out of the pill so stopped taking it. March 30th (day I ovulated oops) I had unprotected sex with my long term boyf but we used withdrawal method (stupid I...

Missed Period/Negative Pregnancy Test [ 4 Answers ]

I am four days late for my period, and today on the fourth day I have a light brown discharge when I use the bathroom and I wipe. My periods are always right on time, I have had no blood. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby, and we do not use protection of any kind. I am 24, I took a...

View more questions Search