Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ann-marie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Trying to get pregnant
    Me and my husband has been trying 8 months to have a baby. Im 27 and he is 25. Of course we use no form of protection and we have intercourse about 2-3 times a week. I recently got off the birth control in June of 2007. We already have two children.. my oldest is going to be 6 soon! In June of 2007 I had a LEAP procedure done due to abnormal cells which was a high risk for cervical cancer. Now I go and get exams every 3 months to monitor it and so far since the procedure my exams resulted normal. I was wondering if that has anything to do with having a hard time getting pregnant. With my two children I conceived really fast and never had to wait and keep trying. I know that there are only 1-2 days out of the month that you ovulate.. but I've been doing ovulation tests and every time it says that I'm ovulating we have intercourse but never can get pregnant. We have been calculating approximately 14 days until my cycle starts to have intercourse... and my cycles have been pretty much normal since I got off the pill 8 months ago. Me and my husband are just worried that I might not be able to get pregnant again. And we don't know if its him or me! Do you have any advice for me?
    Leedee Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Feb 3, 2008, 06:47 PM
    I was diagnosed with CIN 3 and I had the LEETS procedure done ( in Australia this is what its called) it was to remove abnormal cells from my cervix. I was worried that I may have trouble having any more kids.

We have 2 daughters and last week we found out we are pregnant!! So be strong it will happen, just try not to worry!

Best of luck
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 4, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Try not to worry too much. Every pregnancy is different so even though the others happened quickly, there is no promise that you will conceive quickly again. After coming off BCP, your body could be a bit off for several months... having a period does not = ovulation. While timing at 14 days is okay... some women ovulate sooner. Some as early as day 10.

If you're using ovulation kits, that is a good sign, but remember that is a miracle that those tiny sperm find that tiny egg at all so trying for 8m - 1yr is very common.
    Just relax and have fun! Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Am I pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

My last period was juine 16 took a blood test and it came back neagtive. Is there a possibility I could be pregnant?

Could I be pregnant by this [ 3 Answers ]

I don't really think I'm pregnant at all but my france thinks I am because get mad easily like at never thing... so can that be a sign for me being pregnant or no

Can I be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wondering if I could be pregnant I got my menstrual. But I'm really sensitive and everything makes me want to throw up, can not stand food, feel really tire always.

View more questions Search