Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kadence9406 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Jan 2, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Wondering if I'm pregnant
    Hi all, I'm new to this site, but after reviewing, it seems to be helpful. So let me start by asking this; I have been trying to conceive for 2 months and this month I think I may have done it. I experienced light bleeding about 4 days ago, which I assumed was implantation bleeding. Afterwards I have taken 2 pregnancy tests, both of which are negative. My period is due tomorrow, and the test I took today was negative. I am experiencing some symptoms such as irritability and tender breasts, is this just all in my head, or is it really possible that I am pregnant? I have also had one pregnancy prior to this which resulted in my beautiful one year old daughter, some symptoms are similar to that of my first pregnancy.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 10:10 AM
    The symptoms could easily be in your head if you are really wanting to get pregnant, OR, they could be real... unfortunately pregnancy symptoms also match other symptoms for other causes. For example, sickness, pms, hormonal changes, etc. 2 months isn't a long time to be trying to conceive, it can take most healthy couples up to 12 months to conceive naturally. Wait for your period. If it doesn't come, wait one week before re-testing. If its still negative, wait for your next period. If that one doesn't come, retest and see your doctor.

Jan 5, 2008, 09:54 PM
    Thanks for the advice, however, I do have one more question. I was reviewing a few other questions asked by other members, and came to the conclusion that I may have tested too early. They claim that it takes about 3-3 1/2 weeks after intercourse for the HCG hormone to show up in your urine stream. We attempted to get pregnant on the 19th and the 21st. I have also experienced a light brownish colored mucus when I wipe but not in my underwear about a week ago. Could that possibly be implantation bleeding? I experienced this with my first pregnancy in which I had no problem conceiving at all. I am planning to take another test on the 12th of this month if I still have not gotten my period. I also read that with your 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. children, it takes longer for the HCG hormone to show up. Is this truth or fiction?
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Typically we suggest that you wait for a missed period, and then test one week after that missed period. Every woman is different as are their ovulation cycles. Considering when they ovulate, some women's hcg levels will be higher then others at the time of a missed period. Also, some women's hcg levels don't ever register on hpts, or even the qualatative blood test. So usually, we suggest you wait one week after a missed period, test, and if negative, wait for your next missed period to retest. Use first morning urine, as the hcg concentration is generally higher at that point. It could have been implantation bleeding, and since you had it with your first pregnancy, it is more likely you might have it with the next. Its usually pretty rare to have implantation bleeding, but occasion such as yourself, some women do have it.

Jan 6, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. So, I couldn't take it anymore. I kept running to the bathroom to pee every hour and it began to bug me so I took a test. It was positive. I am going to try not to get too excited yet, and retest in a few days. I will keep you updated. Pray with me... :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Looks as though congratulations are in order. If you got a positive result, you are pregnant. Rarely is there a false positive.

Congrats!!

Jan 6, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Thanks j9...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Now, make sure you are taking prenatal vitamins and make a prenatal doctor's appointment Monday morning for a blood test to confirm the pregnancy.
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 06:27 PM
    CONGRATS!! Its always exciting to hear great news!

Jan 11, 2008, 09:40 PM
    Thanks buggage. K, now I have one more quesiton. I have been extremely cold with this pregnancy. Nothing I do seems to keep me warm. I am lounging around the house in slippers, sweatshirts and sweatpants underneath comforters and I still feel cold all the time. I was never cold with my first pregnancy, actually, it was completely the opposite. Is this normal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 16 and wondering if I'm pregnant. I need some answers [ 11 Answers ]

Okay I'm 16 years old and I'm kind of worried about something. I had sex with my ex boyfriend on July 7th. Well I was suppose to start my period on the 14th of July. But I never did. I'm not late for my period by 6 weeks. Because my last period was on June 16th. I just got over have a urinary...

I am wondering if I could have gotten pregnant on my own? I had my cycle on Dec. 16, [ 1 Answers ]

I had my cycle on Dec. 16, it lasted 4 days. Had sex Dec. 14 & 15. Had sex again on Dec. 20th. Now I have been experiencing bloating, lower abdominal discomfort, fatigue, nausea. I have also been doing IVF. One cycle as of Dec. 2 it didn't take. I am wondering if I could have gotten pregnant...

Wondering if I'm Pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I need some advice. I had sex multiple times during the week of my ovulation, and my period was due yesterday. I am experiencing light cramping, and yesterday I experienced light brown discharge. Also, I had sex yesterday and experienced cramping afterwards, that is unusual for me. Is there...

I'm 15 and wondering if I'm pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and me and my boyfriend decided to have sex. I think I am pregnant now, but I don't no. I am always come on my period between the 11th and the 15th and I this month I started bleeding on the 8th. A lot of people are telling me it could be Implantation bleeding, but its not...

Wondering if I could be pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I had a period on August 2 it lasted 7 days and was heavy, which is how all my other periods have been. Then on August 21 I had a two day period and it was a brownish color could I be pregnant?

View more questions Search