Ask
    kitten94515 Posts: 115, Reputation: 4

Dec 20, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Missed my period but I know I'm not prengant
    Ayyy ☺
    Well I hate having periods but w/e
    I'm 13
    And yes I know irregular periods are normal
    But for the past oh say 8 months I have had normal periods each 28 days apart.
    Well now this one comes and I am a few days late.
    I know I'm not pregnant, I'm 13 and I have never ever done any of that stuff.
    Is it normal to be on a pattern then just veer off track?
    I need comfort.
    :rolleyes: :o
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 21, 2007, 01:37 PM
    If your period was only a few days late, that is nothing to worry about. Mine are usually very regular, but sometimes can be a little late. It can be from stress, being sick or tired, just about anything really. If you start getting really irregular periods, or stop having them all together, then you need to see a doctor. And, yes, when you first start your periods, they can be a little wacky at first anyway. The next time you go to the doctor, ask her to explain what is normal and what isn't with periods. My doctor gave me some really good literature about it. Good luck! And I'm with you on hating periods 100%!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 01:50 PM
    This is very common for your age. It can take several years for your periods to become regular. Many gals have this happen up until about 18 years old. Many though never end up having regular periods.

It really shouldn't be anything to worry about at your age. But, at your next check up you may want to ask your doctor.
    prettymulatto Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2007, 01:55 PM
    This is normal hon. I'm 30 and it still happens to me sometimes. Welcome to womanhood!
    kitten94515 Posts: 115, Reputation: 4

Dec 21, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Lol. Thanks everyone, I was worried. You know how kids are (;
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 21, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Hey, it's good to be extra careful! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A missed period [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, this is not the first time this has happened to me but I feel quite anxious about this round for some reason. I am around 2 weeks late and I'm too scared to get the pregnancy tests.. just can't handle the sight of the word "positive". My boyfriend keeps telling me not to worry, but how...

Missed period [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had my period since nov 27, 2006 and I have taken over 10 hpt and all have been negative. I have even went to the clinic and taken tests and still negative but I have all the signs. I get sick every mornin and my stomach hurts every night like how I would fell if I had my period. I get...

Missed Period [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there. I'm a 20 year old female and have missed my period for two months in a row now. Bottom line is, as anyone on here will tell me, that I need to see a doctor but, I'm looking for any way to possibly avoid that all together. I've been under a lot of stress at work lately... but it also...

Missed period [ 4 Answers ]

I haven't had a period since January 6, it is now February26. I've taken 4 epts and they have come out negative. Is it possible to be pregnant and yet test negative? How long should I wait before I see my np? I've had a child already, so I'm a bit confused. I have had some cramping similar to...

View more questions Search