Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jesswright07 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Can u become pregnant a day after you period!
    Can u become pregnant a day or two after you come off your period?

Please help me
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 06:57 AM
    It is possible, but very rare. You see, ovulation occurs approximately 12 - 16 days after the first day of your period (depending on your cycle).

The egg must be fertilized in order to become pregnant. So, if you have not released an egg, (ovulation) you cannot become pregnant.

NOW, sperm can live inside a woman's body for up to 5 days...

You are now in the waiting zone. You will have to wait now to find out if you miss your next period to know for sure.

Just remember that while it is possible, it is highly unlikely.
    dixierose Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Dec 18, 2007, 06:58 AM
    I have asked that questions too. No you can't. Count from the first day of your period - 14 days (for instance if your period started on the 31st of December, now count 14 days... which would bring u to January 14, so the next 3 days 14,15,16 are your fertile days. These days are most likely when you will become pregnant. I hope this helps. Or go to mycycles.com this site might help you wit hany questions that you have.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 18, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dixierose
    I have asked that questions too. No you can't. Count from the first day of your period - 14 days (for instance if your period started on the 31st of December, now count 14 days...which would bring u to January 14, so the next 3 days 14,15,16 are your fertile days. These days are most likely when you will become pregnant. I hope this helps. or go to mycycles.com this site might help you wit hany questions that you have.
    That's only assuming she has a 30 day cycle. Most women are not that regular. Personally, I've had 33 day cycles, 28 day cycles, etc. Ovulation can literally occur at any point, most commonly between days 12 - 18. I've known some women to ovulate on day 8, while another had a 45 day cycle... it varies.
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dixierose
    I have asked that questions too. No you can't. Count from the first day of your period - 14 days (for instance if your period started on the 31st of December, now count 14 days...which would bring u to January 14, so the next 3 days 14,15,16 are your fertile days. These days are most likely when you will become pregnant. I hope this helps. or go to mycycles.com this site might help you wit hany questions that you have.
    This is assuming a woman has a regular cycle. I, believe it or not, have a 360 day cycle... you you guessed it, I get my period once a year (same date every year)... always have unless I was on the pill, BUT... I am very fertile (just ask my 4 kids, all of which we were not particularly trying for).

While your statement above is somewhat accurate, it cannot be applied to every woman.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 18, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I, believe it or not, have a 360 day cycle....you you guessed it, I get my period once a year (same date every year).........I am very fertile (just ask my 4 kids, all of which we were not particularly trying for).
    J,
    How true! My cousin was actually told she couldn't have any more babies... BUT...

She was driving with her husband one day and got really emotional about a joke he had told. Her eyes bugged out in the middle of her tears and she said, "OMG, I'm pregnant."
    Sure enough, she hadn't had a period in over 2 years but her doctor confirmed she was 4months gone with baby #4.

Sorry to hijack the post... I just had to share. :p
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 08:12 AM
    I'm not going to hijack the thread either, but that happened to me TWICE!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you be pregnant and still have your period? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone yea I was wondering can you be pregnant and still have your period?? And will an iud hurt my unborn if I am pregnant??

Getting pregnant during your period? [ 12 Answers ]

What is the possibility of getting pregnant during your period?

Can She get pregnant on her period? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok. So Basically, I was wondering is my girlfriend can get pregnant when she's on her period? Now I know what your probably going to say.. Because I looked it up on Google at many sites and they all said about the same thing, Yes, its possible, but its very unlikely to. It still worries me though. ...

Pregnant but getting period? [ 3 Answers ]

I know a girl who was 3 months pregnant before finding out she was actually pregnant. She didn't know sooner because she claims that she was still getting her period for the first 2 months... how often does this happen?

View more questions Search