Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trickytash Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 01:30 AM
    Screen upside down
    Hi my screen is upside down. All images and text even the start button and task bar are all upside down how to I get them back up the right way it looks like they have been mirrored
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Is it a Mirror Image, or upside down, or both.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Nov 11, 2007, 07:48 AM
    It seems by all of your threads that you have done something to really mess up your entire computer. I would suggest... stop where you are and let someone who knows about computers help you. If you keep pushing any ole button, you are going to crash your computer eventually. It's not mirror image... that would just reverse everything, not make it go upside down. Do you have a flat screen monitor?
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 07:52 AM
    If you have XP, can you do System Restore to a point before the problems?
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 08:02 AM
    I went to control panel, display, tried to duplicate, no luck. I did change from Flip to Blit?
    I have no Idea yet what the change is. I hope a solution is found, as it could be useful to do intentionally.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trickytash
    hi my screen is upside down. all images and text even the start button and task bar are all upside down how to I get them back up the right way it looks like they have been mirrored
    Does anyone else have access to your computer?

The reason that I ask is that there is a joke program that I remember that we used to use called "Australia.exe" which does exactly that. If I remember correctly, the way to turn off this program is simply to hit the ESC key.
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Nov 12, 2007, 01:12 AM
    Well I'm not sure this is the problem, but it's worth the try. I just did something to make my screen go upside down easily, at your desktop right click anywhere. Go down the list (hopefully you can read upside down) to Graphics Options, go to Rotation, and choose normal. If that's the problem you would see a check next to 180 Degrees (an upside down check in this case). I hope this helped, if it did please rate me.

Nov 12, 2007, 01:17 AM
    Hi people. Thanks for the feedback. I fixed the problem it was the kids and they hit cntrl, alt and the up arrow to get it like that and then I hit ctrl, alt and down arrow to fix.

Thanks everyone
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Glad you got your problem fixed , I was going to suggest turning your monitor upside down :-) Just kidding!

Nov 15, 2007, 02:11 AM
    Hi everyone... thanks for your answers but I have it sorted! Yay it was only a minor error I pushed cntrl alt and the up or down arrow together. I don't no y it happnd but it is all fixed now. Thanks again everyone
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Nov 15, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    Glad you got your problem fixed , I was going to suggest turning your monitor upside down :-) Just kidding!
    It does happen, I download movies all the time and sometimes a movie will show upside down with Nero playing the movie back, the codex are messed up sometimes on certain players. I just flip the entire CRT monitor upside down and watch it. Not only is is upside down, its backwards also, the text is backwards also. Since I flip the entire monitor over to watch the movie without going crazy, any words are unreadable, so actually the movie is also the same, if the actor is looking left, on a good player, they would be looking right.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewDawn
    My computer does that all the time...

Press Ctr + Alt + Up Arrow Key

Though its probably not as easy as this...
    Are you running Windows Vista? I ask because I tried this on both Win2K and WinXP, and nothing happened in either case.
    shadow330 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Comment on Da Bigchamp's post
    Thanks so much, that fixed my problem!
    cathyd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 03:31 AM

Your hot keys are switched on - you need to press CTRL, ALT and one of the arrow keys - each arrow is the opposite of the way the screen looks. If your monitor shows everything upside down then you use CTRL ALT and the up arrow.
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 03:04 PM

Like mentioned, on Vista, CTRL, Alt, and up or down, and even left or right,
    And on XP, right click your Desktop, click Graphics Options, select rotation, 90, 180, 270.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 11:02 PM

It can change by reverting to a right-side up display, hold down the Ctrl, Alt and up (arrow) keys on the keyboard then it can according your need or as before as .
    SuruhbooAnne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2010, 05:29 PM
    On the computers at my school you press control-alt- then the up key.
    WILLYTENDERESS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2011, 05:14 AM
    Iam willy tenderessy i think the best way on how to achieve such minor error is to right click any free space from the desktop and click graphi
    omyguy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2012, 02:45 AM
    Thanks Da Bigchamp. Your answer solved my problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Media and the downside/upside [ 18 Answers ]

Did someone start a discussion about whether the media is good? Did I post this in the wrong section?

Help! Monitor is UPSIDE down! [ 9 Answers ]

How did this happen? OK, I have a compaq presario computer with Windows XP. Today, out of the blue, I turned on my compter, and the "compaq presario" screen is OK, and the "windows XP" screen is OK. Then, when the "welcome" screen comes up just prior to the desktop screen, it is upside down. The...

Computer Monitor Upside Down [ 3 Answers ]

My monitor is upside down and I don't know how to fix it

Upside down screen [ 1 Answers ]

My son was typing on the keypad and magically turned my screen upside down. How do I fix it?

Movie print is upside down... [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Friends, I am having a problem with the movie I have downloaded. This movie print is totally reverse from the way we usually look, i.e. upside down. Is there any software which can facilitate the way to watch the movie? I want to know about any software which gives the rotation...

View more questions Search