Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iluvjc1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Gassy and bloated
    I'm 37 weeks pregnant and every morning I wake up bloated and whatever I eat makes me bloated and gassy I have taken mylanta , tumms but they don't help what can I do??
    mseik Posts: 40, Reputation: 6

Oct 4, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvjc1984
    i'm 37 weeks pregnant and every morning i wake up bloated and whatever i eat makes me bloated and gassy i have taken mylanta , tumms but they don't help wat can i do???
    Quick preliminary questions:

Have you consulted with your ob?

Have you isolated foods (one thing at a time only) to see if you can determine cause? (Combining foods can be tricky.)

Are you getting enough water?

Have you researched supplements like dietary charcoal and then brought them to your ob's attention to see if they're safe to try? Your ob may also have some great suggestions.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Make sure you are getting enough exercise... a good walk every day is excellent to keep your intestines in proper working order.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 4, 2007, 02:03 PM
    There is little you can do, or that we can tell you. You need to consult with your OB about this. But just remember, you only have a little while left.

Have you tried to keep gassy foods out of your diet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bloated Dog [ 4 Answers ]

My 12 week old chihuahua was trodden on and I took him straight to the vets the vet gave him a jab for bruising. He hadn't passed a motion for 24 hours so I took him back to the vets the next day... the vet told me I was looking for problems and made him pass a motion. Since he has been eating...

Bloated stomach [ 5 Answers ]

Why does my stomach get bloated after I eat wheat products

Bloated and burping [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, As of a few weeks I have been feeling extremely bloated and have been burping a lot. I think I may have acid reflux, but I am also feeling nauseous and don't have much of an appetite. I went off the pill for a month and during that time I didn't get my period. I had my period before that and...

Gassy smell in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

We recently had all new pvc piping installed under our tub by a licenced plumber. We are now experiencing a gassy smell in the bathroom. What is it, and is there anything we can do ourselves without calling the plumber back out?

View more questions Search