Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beetraveling Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Abandonment issues with my husband
    My Husband has left my 2 year old son and I.

He has also left me with all the responsibility of running the household and all the financial responsibility. I do not work because I am caring for the infant.

He has not seen our son in one month. Not sure where to start. Need help.

I would like to know if I can file for Abandonment?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2007, 05:40 PM
    You need to file for divorce on the grounds of abandonment. Then get him to pay alimony and child support.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 26, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Abandonment? Maybe not but you have all rights to file for temporary child support and you do not have to wait until your divorce
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Depends on what term you are referring "abandonment" to... getting a divorce? Or regarding your child? I agree with Scott and GV... you need to file for divorce, and start collecting child support. See a lawyer asap... call around, many offer free consultations.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2007, 06:56 PM
    And you need to arrange a sitter and find a job to pay the bills until you start getting money from your soon to be ex.

You will need an attorney and as noted file for divorce, file for emergancy motion of child support and tempt custody pending a hearing of the children.

But short term, it can take weeks or even months to get the ex to start paying anything so look at your budget, start cutting out things you don't need or can't afford, only pay for the have to items, and start considering finding work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband is taking me to court for abandonment,how can he do that if I never left for more than 2 weeks at a time.and also in 1997 I have court papers from when he would up and leave me and my children for no reason and that's not abandonment.the only reason I left before was he would always...

Abandonment [ 4 Answers ]

Can the mother of a kid give the kid to the father for 10 months at a time and not have to do anything for the kid or even see the kid, would that be abandonment?

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8 year old daugther that her real father has never seen her and I was wondering how long does it have to be before she is considered being abandon even if he is paying child support? Please help I am very confused:confused:

View more questions Search