Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicolelynn2 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Mirena! Birth control
    I got Mirena back in October, or November. Anyway, Since I had it put in, I spot for like 2 weeks every month. The have a heavy period. This is every month. Then all of a sudden, this month... No period. No cramps, no spotting, no bleeding... nothing... is this normal??
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Yes this is perfectly normal. I just got mine on Wednesday!

It is possible to go 3-6 months with spontaneous spotting and heavy periods, then for most women after that time they lose their period. I am looking forward to that part.. lol.

Just make sure if you see any signs of infection to go to your doctor. They will need to give you antibiotics. :)

Jul 20, 2007, 03:34 PM
    What type of signs? I have never had any type of birth control before
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 04:08 PM
    My doctor told me if you see a yellow discharge that has a really bad odor to go back in to get checked. Most of the time when you get an infection from a Mirena its caused by insertion, but it can rarely happen during the period it is inside of you too :)
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jul 21, 2007, 11:46 AM
    I don't want to scare you but beaware of your body if you miss a period make sure you aren't pregnant, I had mine and for a year and a half and got pregnant.
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalbivens
    i dont want to scare you but beaware of your body if you miss a period make sure you arent pregnant, i had mine n for a year and a half and got pregnant.
    Its really hard to tell when you miss a period, because after a time of having it most people lose their period all together.

If you have and questions or concerns about being pregnant, talk to your doctor. MOST of the time (I say most because there can be legitimate pregnancies with Mirena) if you get pregnant, it is highly possible it could be an ectopic pregnancy. :)

Jul 21, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Well, now I feel like I have heatburn in my belly... minor cramping but nothing serious... just feeling like heart burn... is that normal?? Still no period. It was due the beginning of the month
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2007, 03:00 PM
    There are lots of things that can cause heartburn. That is not a for sure sign that you are pregnant.

If you think you are pregnant you need to contact a doctor. While on Mirena you are at risk for miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy. In the mean time, take an HPT and see what it says :)

Jul 21, 2007, 03:03 PM
    I don't have heartburn... that's just what it feels like way down in my belly. I don't think I am pregnant. Isn't it 99.9 effective? I think maybe it could have perforated or something. I called my doc. He said to come in Monday. It may need to betaken out
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Oh okay like a burning sensation in your belly? I usually feel that when I'm about to have heartburn. Some people have told me that's a sign of acid reflux.

Jul 21, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Who knows... lol... I was in denial both times I got pregnant. But I seriously think the chances of me being pregnant are slim to none...
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Mirena is 99.9% effective so I think your chances are slim to none also, but anything is possible. Just make sure in that slim chance that you are pregnant to see a doctor right away to see about having it removed, or any other options he may give you.

Jul 21, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Yes, I will do that.. thank you for all of your advice
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2007, 04:35 PM
    You're welcome :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is any one on Mirena birth control [ 3 Answers ]

I am using Mirena, the IUD and I can't lose weight easily , what have you heard?

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

What Birth Control is Right For Me? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got on birth control this month for the first time. My gyno told me to wait till the Sunday after/during my period to take it. I did as told, and all went well. About a week after taking it I started getting a light brown discharge... then it got darker and thicker... then turned to my...

Birth Control [ 1 Answers ]

I have stopped taking my birth control pill yasmin back in June of 2005, I have been trying to get pregnant ever since. How long does it take for everything to go back to normal when you stop taking the pill . Im really worried that there might be something wrong cause I haven't gotten pregnant yet

Birth control [ 1 Answers ]

Can birth control make you have some of the symptoms of being pregnant? I mean can it give you headaches, mood swings, tender breasts etc.

View more questions Search