Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mam007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 11:24 PM
    Faint positive,late period, now light bleeding
    I am about a week late for my period. It would not be a surprise if I were pregnant but I am very confused and sick of this not knowing. I started bleeding this afternoon, but so light its just when I pee. No need for tampons or pads. Then it stopped. Then this evening I started cramping heavier and lightly, lightly bleeding, pinkish red, like fresh blood. Now its still really light and the cramping is going away. Normally my periods start with light bleeding but pick up consistently through out the day to heavy with in say five hours. I had taken a test "first response" last Thursday and it was so faint poistive that you couldn't really see it unless you held it up to the light, but it was there. Then the ept's were negative. Now this. I have had lots of pregnancy signs, this like certain foods I normally like, peeing a lot, swollen boobs, nausa. Am I having a miscarriage or could this be implantation bleeding? Which I never had with my other two kids. What do I do. What should I think? :mad:
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 11:34 PM
    It sounds like implantation bleeding. If you were having a miscarriage it would be clotty and possibly have some grey matter.

Take another HPT with your first morning urine, it is always more accurate.

And if you are pregnant, congratulations! :)

Jul 17, 2007, 12:07 AM
    Another question.. can a test show a faint line and be negative? I thought there was only a reaction if the hormone was present in your urine?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 12:10 AM
    With both of my pregnancies the HPT showed faint lines. A faint line usually indicates positive.

False positives do happen, but they are rare.
    Miranda Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Jul 17, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Hi, I would also like to add that this could be a very early miscarriage. I have had two, and I did not have any greyish tissue pass. It was way too early for that. The same thing happened to me, positive pregnancy test, then started bleeding later that day. A couple days later, the pregnancy test was negative. I went to the doctor, and she said the pregnancy was so early, that I should not have even known that I was pregnant. She said that this is pretty common. I would go to your doctor to have them check it out.

Good luck!
    jross820 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Remember not every pregenacy is the same. Even at 6wks with my son the test came out negative. The clinic had to draw blood to confirm it. Plus the spotting can also be from your body adjusting to the pregenacy
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jul 17, 2007, 09:02 AM
    There are differences in the amount of hcg a pregnancy test will detect. I would go to the dr and have a blood test done for definitive answers. This also might be early breakthrough bleeding. The cramping might mean that you are farther along than you think and your uterus is growing to accommodate the little one. Some women do "have a period" throughout their entire pregnancy and some for the first few months only. Your best bet would be to go to the dr.

Jul 17, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Thank you for all of who you who answered my questions. I believe I had a early miscarriage today. I am torn between sad and relieved sooo... Lets hope for better luck next month! :)
    Miranda Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Jul 18, 2007, 06:52 AM
    So sorry to hear that. Did you call your doctor? They would probably like to see you to make sure that is in fact what happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

Late and light period.am I pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I've always had a regular period. It comes the same time, for the same amount, and is just as heavy as the one prior. Also, I work close with my best friend who receives her period's the same time/length as mine at least for the past 6 months. The last time I have received my period was on...

Light bleeding after period and intercourse [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I got my periods on the 12th of June, it lasted 4-5 days. On the 21st I had Intercourse which my boyfriend came in me. On the 27th I experienced a Slight red mark on my underwear and a pinkish brown colour and when I Wiped. It stopped but the next day I wiped it appeared again. What...

Faint Positive tests and then negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my situation. First of all, you should know that I'm on Metformin because I have very irregular periods and am borderline PCOS. Now for the tests. The first day of my last period was Oct 21st. This is not uncommon for me to be this late, but I took a test anyway to see if I was...

Virgin. Light Brownish bleeding no period? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm 19 and me and my boyfriend want to keep our virginity till we get married so he sometimes ejaculates on my breasts and sometimes by rubbing on my clitoris and ejaculating on my stomach. I had my last period on 12 may 2007 and yesterday on 9 June I had light bleeding coloured dark brown I...

View more questions Search