Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southernbell24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Due date
    I'm supposed to be induced at 38 weeks and at the beginning I didn't know my date of my last period can doctors still give me an accurate due date by ultrasound
    persainpapaya Posts: 58, Reputation: 21

May 11, 2007, 06:08 PM
    All I can tell you is that my first child's due date was according to her ultrasound, and she was born on exactly that day. Also my sister just had a baby, and she knew the date of conception, and they changed her due date to be correct according to her ultrasound. I would trust that the doctors know what they are doing. You will be just fine. Congratulations!
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 08:13 AM
    It is to my understanding that they can. I was told, that according to my last period, my due date was January 10th, and when they did the ultra sound, it read that I was due January 9th. So even if You have no idea when you last period was, and ultra sound should give you a very good idea of when your due date is.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Actually dating by ultrasound is more accurate than going by your last menstral period (LMP). The reson is because, while you are more fertile around 14 days after the start of your period, that does not mean that is when you conceived. You can conceive at anytime during your 28 day cycle. So you have a wide range of time to work with there. With the ultrasound, they can tell, judging by the measurements of the baby and by what organs are formed, almost exactly how old your baby is, which gives them a very accurate due date. Esp. with the high quality u/s they use today. I would not worry too much about it, you are in good hands.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Had sex 6 or 7 days before period due date [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I just want to know if you can get pregnant 7 days before your period is due? The reason I am asking is, I am two days late for my period. All week I have had brown watery discharge then on my day of period that is meant to be due was brownish discharge. No cramping. Had mild sore breast...

Estimating a due date for a cat [ 27 Answers ]

A little cat showed up at my house about 3 weeks ago. She was thin but I thought she probably had a home because she wasn't too thin. I saw her off and on for the first week, but for 2 weeks now she hasn't left my house. During these 2 weeks, It has become obvious that she is pregnant. How far...

Due date [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I just got back from my 1st visit to the doctor and am confused and a little annoyed. After I told the doctor that I was pregnant after actively trying, he asked me if I wanted to terminate, odd and upsetting. I gave him the date of my last period 11th march and my ovulation date...

Due Date.and Conception. I'm Confused! [ 1 Answers ]

November my period ended on the 7th. December my period also ended on the 7th and most of the time starts on the 4th. My period has been pretty regular for about 2 years on the same dates all the time. Once January came around I hadn’t had my period by the 9th so I took an EPT, it came out...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search