Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaylamaree Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Bet hcg blood test
    Hi

My name is kayla

I'm 19 years old and my boyfriend and I always use condoms, I was on the pill but I think that I may have been taking it incorrectly, I ahd normal periods every 28 days like clockwork, and they were always quite heavy, the 6th of may was my last normal period, the next period I got was on time but it was very light, I barely knew that it was there, I thought maybe I had gotten pregnant between my last proper period and the light one, so I took a pregnancy test it was negative, I did one a couple of weeks later it was also negative, so I went and seen my doctor and she did a urine tests also and it was negative, so I just stopped wprrying, then I had another light period so I went bak and my doctor oredered a bhcg blood test, a couple of days later I called for the results and the nure said it was negative, but since then I have put on a bit of weight, my boobs are bigger, and my nipples are bigger as well, you can see where they have grown out of the original size, I am stressing so much that I could be pregnant and the tests were wrong! What do you thik, could I be pregnant?

Please reply asap
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 11:19 AM
    You might want to get a second opinion. Also, there is another blood test that you can take that will measure the exact amount of hcg in your system. If there is a large enough amount to suggest pregnancy, the test will be repeated within a few days to see if the numbers are doubling as they should be in a normal healthy pregnancy. It could be that you aren't pregnant, and just having these symptoms because you are worried about it. The mind is an amazing thing, and if you are worried enough, or wanting it badly, then your mind can actually trick your body into thinking it is pregnant, going as far as to give you all the symptoms of pregnancy, yet not really being pregnant. It happens more often and much easier then you would think. These could also be symptoms brought on by the pill, and the hormones. Also its not uncommon for your period to change at times, for no reason. Esp at a younger age. However, you could be pregnant and your levels just aren't high enough to register yet. Another possibility is an ectopic pregnancy. With these, the embroy implants in the wrong area. Your body still thinks of it as a successful pregnancy, and you can begin to exhibit pregnancy symptoms. Often times these will not show on pregnancy tests, as the levels of hcg are not high enough to measure. Either way, a quantative blood test will come in handy to let you know. Its important to find out the reasoning behind the symptoms, whether pregnant or not, and as soon as possible. I suggest you talk to your doctor about a quantative blood test. Make sure you get the answers to your questions and don't give up until you are satisfied that those answers are the best answers. Good luck
    kaylamaree Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 06:34 PM
    The blood test I had was a quanitive blood test and they said it was negative

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood test [ 2 Answers ]

I think I could be pregnant with the implant in been to the doctors today and he send for a pregnancy test to be done at the hospital and he also want blood test done what are these blood test he ask for to be done confused

Blood test [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take to be charged for a blood test for possible dui or are they suppose to charge you before you make bail on other charges

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

Blood Test [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I bruise so badly when I had my last blood test? It is bruised all the way to my elbow and it's never happened before.

3mos and no period, negative hcg test, what's wrong [ 1 Answers ]

My last cycle was in November, I've took over 8 pregnancy test and all of them were Neg. My stomach is getting fuller and I starting use the bathroom frequently, but the thing that concern me the most that being that I want to be pregnant so bad, That I think it could be mind over matter. My...

View more questions Search