Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macrolover Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

May 21, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Hormonal moment leads to haircut. Crap.
    A couple weeks ago I was sitting at home and out of no where, decided get my hair cut -- short. At this point I had been growing it for about 3 years so it was long (about half way down my back) and beautiful.
    I called the salon, they had an opening, and I asked my stylist for something short... to my chin with some layers. Short and edgy. She did not give me short and edgy. She gave me short and mommy. Borderline mullet.
    It looks absolutely awful. There is nothing I can do to make it look even a little acceptable. I am so incredibly mad at the stylist and I'll never go back to her again. I can't believe she did this to me. I wish I could go back to long hair. At least on a bad day I could just throw it up in a pony tail.
    Anyone else experience a bad haircut due to a hormonal moment? Also, is it true what they say about hair growing fast during pregnancy? It's my only hope.
    carherine Posts: 46, Reputation: 9

May 21, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Yes I went and got mine cut real short and I hate it I had beautful hair and after I got it done I set and cried for like a month then it was longer so I could put it up and yes if you are taken your prenatalsthen your hair and nails grow faster
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 21, 2007, 07:32 PM
    I have done the same thing. Only it wasn't during pregnancy. My 4yr old was around 6mo at the time and I was on my period, running late for work and didn't have my hair up as I usually did. I tell you she locked both hands and feet in my hair and wouldn't let go cause I guess she knew I was leaving. I cut about a foot and a half off and absolutely hated it... I started taking my prenatals again and in a couple of months I was much happier... Now I have twins and my hair is just about to my waistline. I think it needs a trim but no more than two inches... lol... and I don't go in when I'm on my period anymore either.
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 05:30 PM
    I have heard that your nails and hair grow faster due to prenatial vitamines. ANd I myself have had many a bad hair cut. Lol Really all you can do if it truly is mullet-esk is go some place else and ask if they can even it out. As far as the pony-tail needed days, I siggest a head band or bandana for around the house.

Good luck hun...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crap telephone conversations [ 4 Answers ]

Now this may seem daft, my boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years, get on very well when we are together, I see him 5 nights a week, on the nights I don't see him he calls me but we hardly ever have anything to say, I struggle to get conversation out of him as he has never been one for...

Haircut disaster [ 2 Answers ]

:o Hi, Yesterday I had my 16" hair extensions removed with the intentions of having them replaced in may. I asked her to cut my haid SHOULDER length however she saw fit to scalp me. I now have very short hair which barely goes into a pony tail. Any suggestions on how I can make it look better...

Haircut [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know if you knew how to explain a haircut. It's a long layered cut. It's the one you see that has been cut like the shape of the head at the back, but thinned out at the bottom, almost whispy. It is the newer way to cut long layers. And also what is your best advice for cutting a...

Forgot To Take My Pill! Only Two Hormonal Left [ 2 Answers ]

:( Im on the Diane 35ED contraceptive pill and I missed one hormonal tablet with only two more to go until the sugar tablet. I have heard about the 7 day rule where I must skip the sugar tablets and go straight onto the hormonal tablets. But id I do this I will be due for my period when I go on...

Okay, so I tore the crap out of my basement floor... [ 5 Answers ]

... to rough-in for the bathroom I'm putting in. my questions are this: 1) Do I have to use Cast or can I use PVC for the stuff I'm putting in? 2) With the layout and location of things, it's going to end up where my bathroom sink and wall will be directly over the main line in the floor. ...

View more questions Search