Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hopefull5169 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 04:22 PM
    9 weeks & spotting; scared.
    I am pretty young and pregnant. I found out I was pregnant about 4 weeks ago (I am now 9 weeks). Since then, my boyfriend and I have had sex. Little spotting had showed the next morning (this was 2 weeks ago). Now, however.. I am spoting from 1 to 3 days off and on, some light brown, pink, and red spotting. It is my time that my normal period would have been. Is this normal at this time? I have speaken to my OB nurse, who says is normal.. however I feel as if I might have a miscarriage. Help please? Has anyone gone through this during the 9th week?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 04:29 PM
    If this is the normal time that you would have your period I would not be overly concerned, as this happens with some women in early pregnancy. It also may have to do with the location of the placenta this early in pregnancy.

Are you cramping at all?

Oct 11, 2008, 04:36 PM

Hi j_9! Thank you for responding!

I am cramping. But its not as bad as it would be if I was having my period. I have been reading up on signs of normal prengnant spotting along with signs of a miscarriage, they both seem to have the same signs? Am I wrong? What's the different? Help.
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Unfortunately they can have the same symptoms. The only way to know for sure is an exam with an ultrasound.

Oct 11, 2008, 04:46 PM

Is it too soon to have a ultrasound at 9 weeks?
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Nah, not too soon. The heartbeat can be detected by ultrasound around this time.

Oct 11, 2008, 05:56 PM

Thank you!

Well, I have an appointment with my midwife in 2 weeks, is that too long to wait? Or should I ask for the ultrasound sooner? Thanks!
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 05:56 PM
    If it were me, personally, I would ask for one sooner.

Oct 12, 2008, 02:41 AM

Its 2am.. I just woke up by needing to use the washroom. Came back to bed & my cramps got worst.. I laid in bed for 10 minues before going back to the washroom and I had a val movement. I feel a little better now.. However, I am now spotting bright red.. Should I be worried?

Oct 12, 2008, 07:52 AM

749am...
    I am currently at the hospital since 3am.. And my ultrasound results came in that I had a miscarriage. The doctor said "... everything SEEMS to be pointing towards a miscarriage.. I could be wrong, however your uterus tub is open instead of being closed.. We didn't see a festus or a heartbeat.." =[

Could his diagnose be wrong? =[ help!
    Expert

Oct 12, 2008, 09:01 AM
    I am so sorry to hear you lost the baby. I am pretty sure, with the symptoms you posted here, that this is not a misdiagnosis.

Again, I am sorry for your loss.

Oct 12, 2008, 01:42 PM

Thank you for answering all my questions and helping me.

Ill rest up and we can try again.
    Expert

Oct 12, 2008, 01:54 PM
    You are very welcome.

Please get some rest and I wish you the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can two weeks of spotting mean? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been spotting for about two weeks now. About three weeks ago I noticed that my stomach started getting a little bigger, then a week after that, when I started spotting, I assumed that it was just because I was about to start my period. Now, one week later, I have noticed that it is 5 cm...

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and spotting [ 4 Answers ]

I am a little over 5 weeks pregnant and I just started spotting. But I did have sex lastnight is this normal? My first ob appt isn't until July 15th.

Spotting 30 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

I am 30 weeks pregnant and a moment ago I went to the bathroom and a saw this mucus,bloddy discharge I never experience that I don't know what to do and I don't know what does it mean?:confused: :confused:

Spotting.very scared! [ 5 Answers ]

No body answered my question so I will try again with more info. I'm 26, married, Trying to conceive for a year, no succes. Abnormal pap test (going for colposcopy for the 2nd time in a year, first time everything was OK. All of my hormonal tests look good. I've been trying to conceive, no...

Spotting at 25 weeks pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am 25 weeks pregnant. On Friday night after straining during during a bowel movement, I had some slight vaginal bleeding/spotting. I went into the emergency room and they did vaginal examination (where they saw some minor bleeding), an ultrasound (that turned out normal) and other blood...

View more questions Search