Implantation bleeding or period?

Asked Jul 18, 2004, 12:30 PM 308 Answers
    I had my last period June 17 - 20, we have been trying to get p and this month I was 3 days late. I started bleeding very lightly at first then it got a little heavier, then light again, the bleeding only lasted a day and half. I also had some cramping.
    Has anyone ever had this happen before? If so is it my period or implantation bleeding?

Last edited by CliffARobinson; Feb 22, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
    yticlatsyrc's Avatar
    yticlatsyrc Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

#11

Sep 18, 2004, 06:14 AM
    Re: implantation bleeding or period?
    The average range of implantation is between 7 to 9 days post ovulation. If it were implantation spotting, it probably would have been the result of sex a few days before that. It could have been ovulation spotting which occurs at roughly the middle of the month and if you're trying to conceive, it's a good idea to have sex if you see this type of spotting, especially when it's accompanied with lubricative cervical fluid. However, if it is implantation bleeding then you should wait at least 3 or 4 days for the levels of HCG to build up and it's even better to wait until the day after your period was due to avoid false negatives. Not a doc.
    kannch's Avatar
    kannch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#12

Oct 4, 2004, 08:35 PM
    Implantation bleeding or period?
    I had a light period - 1.5 days- that started on exactally the same day as my period starts, and I AM 6 weeks pregnant... so yes, for one month I thought I had had just a really light period, but then breasts started hurting, and took a pregnancy test...
    Konachick's Avatar
    Konachick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#13

Dec 9, 2004, 10:48 AM
    Implantation bleeding or period?
    We've been trying for a few months and I almost gave up hope for another month when I felt some cramping yesterday and saw a brownish discharge last night. I had a little more brownish discharge overnight, then nothing except a light pink streak around lunch. I have cramps that come and go.

I don't have any other symptoms of pregnancy. My period was due today. Anyone know if this is implantation (14 days after supposed ovulation - I don't track temperature or anything, just by counting) or just my period going weird?
    Brandy232's Avatar
    Brandy232 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#14

Feb 5, 2005, 12:45 AM
    Re:implatation bleeding or period
    Hi, I have a similar situation, I am sooo confused, I am not due for my period for another week and this last week I noticed my discharge is pink... I have never had this before, except the time I was pregnant with my daughter. I am worried and I hate playing the waiting game. My last period start date was January 12/2005, and me and my boyfriend were intimate on monday/tuesday janunary 31/febuary 1st/2005... late night... still with me? Could it be possible It is implantation bleeding already? Or I am worried it is something else serious... please if you have any comments please help.
    Sheri's Avatar
    Sheri Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

#15

Apr 29, 2005, 06:57 AM
    Implantation bleeding and cramps.. YES!
    YES, you can have light bleeding and be pregnant! Here is my story My last period was March 12, usually I have a 35 day cycle but it has gone up to 52 days. On April 15 ( 35 day cycle) I did a pregnancy test.. it was negative. On April 18 I took another urine pregnancy test.. negative. On the 19 I had small cramps, few drops of brown blood. On the 20th I had high cervix, few drops of blood. On the 21 and 22 I had no bleeding at all but small cramps. On the 23 I had a few drops of blood and a reaaally faint positive urine test. On the 24, no blood, no cramps. On the 25 I took a blood test.. POSITIVE! On the 27 I got my hcg levels checked and I was already at 3400 mIU/ml. ( 5 weeks pregnant? ) My urine tests were for 20 mIU and for me they didn't work. So yes, if you have very light bleeding, dull cramps and a high cervix that doesn't drop... you can be pregnant! I felt like my period was going to come but it never did. I suggest getting a pregnancy blood test done, I don't trust the urine tests very much. So far I zero symptoms.. not tired, boobs are not sore and I don't feel sick at all. My cervix is high and feels bigger and soft.. puffy like. Hope that helps, good luck to you all!
    Thope's Avatar
    Thope Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#16

May 6, 2005, 07:06 AM
    I have experienced a similar situation... I was suppose to start my period on May 1st, but was late. I took two pregnancy tests, feeling for sure, that I was pregnant, but they were both negative. I finally started my period on May 5, yesterday, but it's just been light spotting that's dark brownish. I have mild cramps, but really no pregnany symptoms. I'm never, ever late, so I am really confused as to what's going on. I'm not getting my hopes up, but my period is surely different than usual.
    Sheri's Avatar
    Sheri Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

#17

May 19, 2005, 03:48 PM
    Not normal period
    Hi Thope, If your period is different than normal, I would go and get a blood test. The urine tests didn't work for me, I took 3 and they came out negative. The last test I took, 4 days later I took a blood test and my hcg levels were already 3400 mIU... and my urine test was for 20 mIU. If your just spotting then its possible you are pregnant.
    silvasis's Avatar
    silvasis Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

#18

Jun 2, 2005, 11:29 AM
    I'm kind of worried...
    I need some help...
    My LMP was May 1st, I have a 28 day cycle, I had some spotting on the 24th of May, which last only 1/2 a day, I was supposed to get my period on Sunday 29 May, but I still haven't gotten a period yet...
    For the last 2 weeks, I have been hacking up a lot, I mean constantly hacking up phlem, Now my thighs are covered in bruises...
    I looked on a ovulation calendar and my most fertile day was on the day I let him (you know) inside me... anyhow, I took a HPT but the results were negative... what do you guys think?
    My husband has been sick for the last 2 weeks on and off with slight fevers and is eating more than the average person.
    Also, my son (who is 4) has never clinged on to anything or has been attached to anything or anyone BUT for the last 2 weeks, he won't let go, or won't go to sleep without this teddy bear. He also won't do anything I tell him to do... he is a very obedient child and very independent. Maybe it is just my imagination... but could these also be signs of pregnancy?
    Sheri's Avatar
    Sheri Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

#19

Jun 2, 2005, 03:03 PM
    To: Im kind of worried
    HI Silvasis. I don't think your husband being sick or your son clinging to you is any way related to you being pregnant. Your pregnancy will not affect them in that sense, for its your body that would undergo changes if you are pregnant. If you are only spotting and still don't have your period, I would suggest going for a blood test. I had spotting and cramping and I took 3 urine tests and they were all negative, but my blood test was clearly positive. I personally do not trust the urine tests. If your blood test is negative than its most likely you are not pregnant. Your family may have picked up some kind of flu which is making you cough up phlem, give your husband fevers and making your child act different since he isn't feeling well. Sometimes stress, sickness, etc can delay a period. If you still don't get your period, go to your dr and get a blood pregnancy test. You can also explain to your dr how you and your husband are feeling and he can maybe determine if you have the flu. If you have any thoughts on being pregnant.. go get a blood test)
    Ps. Do you want to be pregnant?
    blossum's Avatar
    blossum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#20

Jun 7, 2005, 09:01 PM
    Could I be Pregnant?
    My last NORMAL period was on April 11th, however, on May 1st I started having a brownish color spotting which lasted about a day or so. Then, it turned pink to light bleeding with mild cramps for about 7 days and stopped. I have a 28 day faithful cycle... my ovulation date was calculated to be on April 24th. My boyfriend and I had sex on the 23rd, 24th, and 25th. I should have started a normal period on May 9th, however I didn't. I did take a hpt a few days before the 9th with a negative result. It's now June 7th and still no period. Should I take another hpt or what? I am not exhibiting any other symptoms other than I do feel a wee bit more tired at times. Am I just over-reacting, wishful thinking, or just having abnormal periods? I would appreciate any advice.

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 34 Answers ]

Hi... this is my first time posting on here. I have a 2 year old, we had to go to a fertility clinic to conceive (it was on my end for the problems). But everything got straightened out (surgery). Now we are trying again and it is just so different without help. My ovulation was between the 3rd...

Preggy soon after M/C? Implantation bleeding or period? HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Could it be possible? Just around three weeks ago I had a miscarriage, though I think it happened a week before I actually started bleeding. Is there is any way that my miscarriage bleeding could have been my period? It did last just as long as my reggy periods do (3-4 days) Im getting all the...

Is it implantation bleeding or period [ 4 Answers ]

I had light bleeding for three days on and off no cramping and I usually have cramps and this was three days after my missed period just want to know when is it OK to test for hpt or was it just my period

Implantation Bleeding or Period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My last period was on July 2nd and I had sex durning my ovulation. I was suppose to start my period yesterday {July 29th} and today when I got up I noticed a small amount of brownish blood on my panties. Then around the end of the day it turned kind of red, and there was more of it. But now...

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so this is the most different feeling I have ever gotten around a period. I am shameful to say that the last 2 weeks ago I had what seemed like unprotected sex with someone I used to date a longg time ago. This was a one night stand which I neverr do but I was a little under the influence. ...