Early light period, could I be pregnant?

Asked Apr 30, 2007, 06:40 AM 19 Answers
    Hello, I am 21 yrs. Old and I am scared I may be pregnant. I have been pregnant once before, a year and a half ago. I found out when I was 4 weeks, and lost the pregnancy at 7 weeks. I had all of the signs. Only I had my period right before I found out. I have been off the pill for about 5 months now. My cycle usually comes on the same day of every month. Sometimes day before or after. I never get my cycle twice in the same month. I started my period on April 1,07.(Bad back pain, cramps, etc.) I had intercourse on the 15th with ejaculation. I spotted on the 21st for half a day, then nothing. On the 25th I woke up at 3:00 am with a horrible back ache. I had started my period again. Only this time it seems to be a lot lighter than usual and has brown discharge in it. For the past week I have been feeling sick to my stomach when I eat something. I have lost weight because I can't eat. Every time I eat or drink something my stomach hurts. I feel over tired and cranky. Could I be pregnant? Someone please provide advice or answer. I would greatly appreciate it.

-Someone please leave your input.

Last edited by J_9; Apr 30, 2007 at 12:20 PM.
    buggage's Avatar
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165

#2

Apr 30, 2007, 08:14 AM
    You definitely could be pregnant, as it has been long enough that the pill is most likely completely out of your system(they say up to three months, and its been 5 for you) add that in with having unprotected sex, and around the time of ovulation from the sounds of it, and you could definitely be pregnant. If you had this kind of bleeding before with your last pregnancy, again, its very possible you are pregnant. When was(is) your next expected period? I'm afraid the only way to know for sure is to get a test and see what the answer is. Good luck to you.
    JoJo1986's Avatar
    JoJo1986 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

#3

Apr 30, 2007, 08:20 AM
    My guess would be that my next period would be due around May 25. I am unsure as to when I should test though. In the past I tested 2 test and both came up incunclusive. Two weeks and one test later I was positive. I have looked at a calendar online to see when I should test but am unsure if I should put the 1st or the 25th as the date. There is a few weeks difference there as to when it could show positive. Thank You for your feedback.
    JoJo1986's Avatar
    JoJo1986 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

#4

Apr 30, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Someone Please Leave Me Some Feed Back! I Know People Are Reading It!
    pickerill's Avatar
    pickerill Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

#5

Apr 30, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Hi, you could have had a implantation bleed which sometimes happens at the start of pregnancy, alls it is is when the egg implants into the lining of the uterus it causes a light bleed which usually happens when your period would have been due. Or it could be that your body hasn't yet got back to normal after being on the pill as sometimes it can take up to 12months for your body to get back into a menstrual routine.
    JoJo1986's Avatar
    JoJo1986 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

#6

Apr 30, 2007, 01:39 PM
    My problem is that I am not sure when I should take a home pregnancy test. I had my period on the 1st, spotted on 21st, and started again on the 25th. I am not even sure when I ovulate. One says I should receive possitve result on May 1 if pregnant. The other says May 23.
    pickerill's Avatar
    pickerill Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

#7

Apr 30, 2007, 01:52 PM
    You can get pregnancy tests that detect the hcg hormone as early as 10 days after conception. Go to your nearest pharmacy.
    buggage's Avatar
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165

#8

Apr 30, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Your best bet is to test at the latest possible time you think you might start. If you take the earlier date, you won't know for sure if that is the right date, and you will still have to sit there and question whether it's the right answer or not. However, it won't hurt anything(except maybe your pocket book) to take tests earlier then that. I would personally suggest that if you take a test earlier, take a blood test. They are more accurate then hpts and can be taken earlier then hpts. Be mindful that if your hcg levels still aren't high enough, it won't register on the blood test either, it IS more accurate, BUT it only gives a positive or negative result(qualatative blood test), and if the levels aren't high enough, it still won't register. If you get a doctor ordered blood test (quantative blood test) it will measure the actual amount of hcg in your system. If it is found that you have a high enough level of hcg, they will most likely repeat the test within a few days to see if the levels are doubling as they would in a normal pregnancy.Every doctor has a different policy on how soon they are willing to order a quantative blood test, as far as how long after you have missed, and if there is enough info to lead them to believe it's a needed test. (not all insurance companies will cover it, and it tends to be a bit expensive)In your case(having previous lost pregnancy early on), I would definitely suggest seeing your ob/gyn and chatting things over with them, and seeing what they suggest and what they can do to help. Good luck. Let us know when you find out
    JoJo1986's Avatar
    JoJo1986 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

#9

May 1, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Ok so I couldn't wait.. . I got anxious and went to the store last night and purchased a hpt. I took it this morning and it came up negative. I am no longer on period, but I have brown discharge when I used the restroom. The first time I got pregnant I had a weird smell to my urine. That smell is back. I am going to wait until May 23 to take another test.
    JoJo1986's Avatar
    JoJo1986 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

#10

May 2, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Ok, I still cant eat! I am hungry every now and then but when I start to eat I lose my appetite. I have now had a dull headache for three days. I am having light brownish discharge every time I go to the rest room. I have also been very shaky this morning.

Early Period [ 2 Answers ]

I recently started on the generic version of Ortho Tri-cyclin. I have been taking them as directed for two weeks. Today, I got my period which is a week early as the placebos do not start until next week. Should I continue to take the pills as scheduled? If not, what should I do? Thanks

My period is early [ 2 Answers ]

My period came on 7/8 and now again at 7/26 very light with hardy any blood . I tooked to pregnancy tests both negative. I feel nausea and butterflies in belly. Could I be pregnant?

Implantation or Early period [ 4 Answers ]

Hi this is my first time here, Hello to everyone. Here is the situation, My last MP was 1/6/07, my cycle is normal, my OV was 1/15-1/20 and I had intercourse w/ my significant other on the 15th and the 21st. My period was due on 2*1*07 but I started spotting on 1*30*07 it was a pink red color and...

Early period [ 3 Answers ]

Recently my eyes have been swollen ( looks like I have allergies or real tired) In the past few days I FEEL MORE FATIGUED THAN USUAL. Then today my period started 2 weeks early. Any ideas?

Am I just having an early period? [ 1 Answers ]

My last menstrual cycle was August 6-13 My husband and I had unprotected sex on the 25th, I always have a regular 28 day cycle and I started what I think is my period today sept 1st a week and 2 day's early. Could this be implantation bleeding?