3 Days Late & Negative HPT

Asked Mar 23, 2007, 03:39 PM 30 Answers
    Hello everyone... Since the beginning of this year, I have been Trying to conceive #3. I am 35 years old. The last day of my period was Feb 21 and have regular cycles (28 day). I have been using OPK to determine when I ovulate and BD on the most fertile days. About 5 days ago I felt my period was coming (cramping & very sore breasts), it lasted about 4 days... then just went away. Now I have slightly sore breasts and no signs of AF. I have taken HPT's (early pregnancy test from internet & early first response) and they were negative. Since I am 3 days late and have negative HPTs... should I just assume that the tests are correct and that I am not pregnant? Or should I wait a little longer and test again?. Any help and/or advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by az35; Mar 23, 2007 at 08:53 PM.
    automansgirl's Avatar
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

#2

Mar 23, 2007, 08:08 PM
    You need to wait and test again! I just found out on Tuesday that I am pregnant (6 weeks tomorrow). It took up until I was 10 days late before I got a positive, and on first response it was faint, but clearly visible. Then went to the doctor's and their test was very faint. Anyway, it can take up to 7-10 days past missed period before you get a positive. If you are only 3 days late I would wait 3-4 days and test again. If that's still negative test again in 3 days. If that is still negative, you can either wait it out and retest, or go to your doctor for a blood test. Good luck! Hope it comes out positive!
    az35's Avatar
    az35 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

#3

Mar 24, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Now its day 4, and no signs of AF (very strange)... took an early response test this morning and it is still negative... hmmmm... Looks as if I'm going to have to wait it out... Its so hard
    automansgirl's Avatar
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

#4

Mar 24, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Just try to find something to keep you occupied for the next week or so. I thought I would go crazy, but I managed to stay sane. You can do it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know what you find out.

It helped me to set a day that I would allow myself to test again, say... you are only allowed to test again on Friday. That might help.
    az35's Avatar
    az35 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

#5

Mar 25, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Thanks "automansgirl"... your support is greatly appreciated. Congratulations to you... I wish you a good healthy pregnancy
    Lacey19's Avatar
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

#6

Mar 25, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Wait till you are a week late... then re-test
    az35's Avatar
    az35 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

#7

Mar 25, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Well today I am 5 days late and I just started to see very, very little brown discharge when I wipe. So I am assuming that AF is on its way (even though all my symptoms have gone away), because I don't think implantation can occur so late I am sad but I know there's always next month
    Lacey19's Avatar
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

#8

Mar 25, 2007, 11:18 AM
    You don't know that it is your period for sure yet just wait and see. Have you ever been this late before??
    az35's Avatar
    az35 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

#9

Mar 25, 2007, 11:26 AM
    No I haven't been this late before... thats why it is so strange to me. I did have some symptoms of my period coming but they all went away and I don't have any symptoms now... I feel as if my period has ended (very strange huh?). My breasts were really sore before but it all went away... so Im really confused right now. If I am going to get my period how soon should it start?
    Lacey19's Avatar
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

#10

Mar 25, 2007, 11:32 AM
    I'm 7 weeks and 2days pregnant n to this day I get period like pains its really weird but its how the body works when you are pregnant. Have you had any bleed at all?

25 Days Late, took 2 PT and Negative, could they be wrong? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I've been married a little over 2 years but I've been sexually active with my husband for 4 years, we have never used birth control and I've always had a good period, until this month. My period was due on Feb24th.But didn't come. I waited a while to take the test, finally after the 12th...

4 days late, negative HPT, dark brown discharge [ 8 Answers ]

Hi My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for three months. I went off the patch (ortho-evra) after completing a full cycle in mid December (i.e. I did not put a new patch on after mestruating). I had normal periods Jan 13 and Feb 14, each lasting 4-5 days, which was consistent with...

15 Days Late & HPT Are Negative [ 6 Answers ]

My period was due on Feb 21 and I have not started my period yet. I am now 15 days past due and all of the HPT have been negative. I had a qualitative HCG done on Feb. 20 (one day before my period) and it was negative as well. The only "real" symptoms I have are my breast are slightly sore and as...

7 days late but test was negative! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Im Lacey I'm 19 and been with my partner for the past 15 months. We have never used any protection mainly because I was under the thought I couldn't have children. Jus under 2 years before I met my partner I had a misscarriage I was very young, I just turned 16. I have had 3 stomach...

I am 5 days late, no symptoms, negative HPT. [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am on CD 36 right now, with 28 to 31 day cycles. I have never been this late. The thing is though is that Im not experiencing any symptoms besides some cramping and tiredness. Well, actually my breasts started hurting a little today, and some waves of nausea here and there. I took a...