Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phlpmo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Rust removel
    Need to know if there a safe way to remove rust from a galvanized gas tank (plymounth acclaim 94 model) or is it cheaper to buy new one?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Try eastwood.com Look for a product named POR-15. Simply wire brush the loose rust and paint over it. Stuff is excellent!
    Now if you're talking about rust inside the tank, go get a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rust in Gas Tank [ 2 Answers ]

I am a small tractor business who sells new and used tractors and equipment. I also work on customers tractors. Well I have a tractor that I am working on that has rust inside the gas tank. I know there is a product you can add to the tank which will help the filter from stopping up and seals...

Rust on soil stack [ 1 Answers ]

I've been seeing rust nodules on our soil stacks... do the these cast iron stacks need replacing?

Rust in Water [ 1 Answers ]

I have Rust coming from all my water lines in my house. It is staining everything from the toilet tanks to the counter tops. We have tried everything to clean it with, but nothing works. I have noticed that I have galvanized nipples coming out of the walls where the shutoff connect to. I have...

Help! Car Rust... Any Advice? [ 8 Answers ]

My \'93 Eagle Summit wagon, only 56,000 km.Have had a few repairs on it. In great shape except for rust in the area above the tires,is this called wheel wells?also near the bottom of the door area. Pieces now starting to break off.(I should not have let it get to this point of rust and taken care...

View more questions Search