Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbcolvin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Hot tub wiring
    I'm wiring a subpanel for my hot tub. I know the white wire from the breaker goes to the neutral bar, but does the neutral wire from the hot tub connect to the neutral bar or the neutral terminal on the GFI breaker?
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Apr 13, 2007, 06:26 PM
    I assume it's a 120 volt pump so both the neutral wire and the black "hot" wire from the pump connect to the GFI breaker itself. The ground wire will connect to the grounding bar. Most GFI breakers will be marked indicating which screw is for the neutral.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Hot Tub and using a 50 Amp Double Pole GFCI Circiut Breaker [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: I keep getting the GFCI breaker tripping after wiring my hot tub. I wired 2 hot Red and Black to the proper terminals and the White to the neutral and the Bare Copper to the ground Post at the tub. I am using 6-3 w/G per instructions. Could the GFCI breaker be bad? When I wire...

Hot tub plumbing and wiring [ 3 Answers ]

To make a long story short. In the process of my divorce our hot tub popped a breaker and froze up. I had the pump fixed but the person that took everything apart can not remember how to put every thing back together. It is an old hot tub so I can not find a name on it to get any kind of...

Change Hot tub heater wiring [ 8 Answers ]

Gatsby spa is out of business, maybe for this reason. This is the wiring design I need to change it. By this diagram the heater is on whenever the thermostat says it is cold and 24 volts are supplied to the relays. Note the pump is not on. This design relies on the High limit switch to kill...

Hot Tub wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I installed a gfi breaker at the main box but wanted to double check my work. The neutral white wire from breaker goes to the ground bar. But does the solid copper ground lead go their also? Thanks

Hot Tub Electrical Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to install a Dimension One spa that the manufacture calls for using #6-3 awg wire and 240 Volt - 50 Amp with a GFCI breaker and disconnect. I had the house pre wired for a hot tub and 240 Volt service. They installed a 50 Amp breaker in the main box and ran about 40...

View more questions Search