Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dobiefloyd Posts: 67, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2009, 07:40 PM
    Pool pump leaking
    My pool pump is leaking at the motor where the motor mounts to the pump. Is this a gasket?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 09:34 PM

What brand of pump is it?
    What's your Geo for climate and temps lately?

Jan 30, 2009, 03:56 PM
    Porpiose I think? I replaced the shaft seal, stopped the leak. My filter still always has air in it and bubbles in the skimmer basket. It seems like I have been adding more water than normal the last 2 months but it is dry here. I live in Ft Myers, FL
    SunnyRay Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 10:17 AM

You could have a slow leak at the shaft seal causing water to cruise down the shaft seal into the motor. Once in the motor it could be evaporating because of the heat. You should be able to feel the shaft to see if there is any moisture on it?

Mar 15, 2010, 07:46 AM

It's been a year since I posted that. Tha shaft seal was leaking and was replaced. When I was replacing it I cracked a glue joint on a PVC fitting. To find my new problem I ran a hose over all the fittings, seals and valves. Once the water hits the leak the bubbles in the skimmer basket will be gone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pool pump and booster pump timer diagrams [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a diagram that shows how to hookup two intermatic timers to the pool pump and the booster pump. Running 220volts

Leaking above ground pool light [ 3 Answers ]

:) I have a 15x30 above ground pool. With the terrible winter we have just experienced, the pool light is now leaking from what I can see out the exterior of the large plastic nut that retains the light to the wall. Dripping at a rate of about 40 per minute. Have tried to tighten with my hands but...

?pool leaking [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I live in NJ, which is frigid right now. My pool is leaking! It's 18ft round, 4ft deep, and covered of course. I don't really know what to do between now and spring! There is a big puddle (patch of ice actually) which looks like quite a bit of water. Do I need to keep it full to stop the...

View more questions Search