Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carmenandhenry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 04:44 AM
    leveling ground
    What is the easiest way to level a 8'x20' area so I can place a storage shed there??
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

May 22, 2008, 05:21 AM
    If you have the resources, have someone with a Bobcat (Earth moving Equipment, Bobcat dealers - Bobcat Atlantic) come in and level the area. It might take them a couple of hours including unloading and loading the thing. If you don't have the resources, it's pick and shovel time.

On thing to remember either way is that "leveling" isn't exactly what you are looking for. You want to put your shed on level earth that hasn't been moved. You don't want half the shed on unmoved ground and the rest on filled. You want to work the area so you can have a solid foundation all around. Otherwise, when the filled area settles, your shed can have some problems. This might mean that the area you want leveled is larger than the dimensions you stated.

Good luck.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 22, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Depending on the slope I'd drop about 3 yds. Of limestone screening and level with a rake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leveling the ground for a shed [ 2 Answers ]

I know this is stupid but I really don't know. How do you level the ground for a 12X20 shed?

Leveling ground for an above ground pool [ 2 Answers ]

I spoke to a pool company and they said that when installing an above ground pool you should "dish" the ground in the middle. This meaning that you make the ground in the middle of the pool 3 to 12 inches deeper than the rest of the ground. Everyone else that I have spoken to has said to level the...

Ground Leveling [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! How can I level my house surroundings? There are a fairly log distances between several ground points. Thanks for any reply in advance. Someone from the beautiful Island of Kos in the Aegean Sea (Greece).

Leveling for a shed [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought an 8X12 wooded shed kit for my backyard (including floor kit). I will not be using concrete, unless this is recommended? My problem is that I have a very unlevel yard. A local stone company recommended stone to level it, is this a good idea? Also where I want to put it is a low...

Open ground when neutral not touching ground [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was moving around a room and noticed my wife wanted her desk elsewhere. I decided to, since she would have her computer on it, check the outlet she would be moving to. It seemed old so I changed it. I noticed before I changed it that with my GFCI tester, all sockets on this circuit were...

View more questions Search