Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ryu_ma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2005, 10:52 AM
    Basement bathroom plumbing
    Hi,
    Could someone please tell me whether my basement bathroom drainage is properly vented? Note that I am not concerned about building to code, I just want it to work.

If you are interested in answering this question, I'll email you the drawing, because this forum will not accept an upload of 111 kB file.

Thanks

Ryu_ma
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2005, 08:48 AM
    If the water is going down fairly quickly without a lot of gurgling, coming back up soomewhere else, sucking the water out of another trap, etc. likely it is OK.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 9, 2005, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_ma
    Hi,
    could someone please tell me whether my basement bathroom drainage is properly vented? Note that I am not concerned about building to code, i just want it to work.

If you are interested in answering this question, I'll email you the drawing, because this forum will not accept an upload of 111 kB file.

thanks

Ryu_ma

Send the drawing to, [email protected] head it up PLUMBING so it won't get buried with junk mail. Average bathroom drainage will go like this.
    Toilet on a 3 or 4" main. Lavatory vented to the outside and tied into the mainthrough 2" pipe. Tub /shower drain tied into the lavatory drain with 2" pipe and wetvented through that. Best of luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reconfigure bathroom plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to completely renovate my bathroom, and I want to create a better flow by moving the tub, toilet, and sink. How do I go about moving the plumbing to make my bathroom feel less blotchy and more cohesive.:confused:

Basement plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a shower, toilette and hand basin in the basement. I don't have a roughed in basement so I need an answer to a drain question. I have a sump pump in one corner and an ejector pump in the other corner close to the furnase. At the furnase there's a drainpipe connected to the drain...

Bathroom plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I'm doing some renovations in a home built in the mid 50's. The waste lines are all cast iron. The toilet flange needs to be replace so I have decided to change all waste lines to PVC. The toilet has a 4" bend with a 2" connection for the tub drain. The line drops below the floor about 6" to 8",...

Bathroom plumbing schematic online? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Do know of any good websites that show overall plumbing schematic, or sections, specifically the bathroom schematic. I tried putting "plumbing schematics" in a Google search but after the 3rd page of the results it didn't look like I was getting anywhere. I'll try Yahoo and see what...

Bathroom Plumbing/Venting Question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing a bathroom remodel and moving the location of the fixtures to make more use of the limited space. The question is, will the room be vented properly based on the drawing I have submitted. I would really rather not have to run a new vent here. Thanks a lot for your help.

View more questions Search