Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faythful Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2005, 10:34 AM
    Pressure in bathtub/shower
    Hi,
    For about the past couple of months, I've experienced a serious decrease in water pressure to both my showerhead & my bathtub faucet. I've read a lot of things on it, so I just wanted to verify. I have no loss of temperature, but the water coming out of the drains is pathetic. The rest of the house (sinks & the other shower) seem to be find.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 9, 2005, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by faythful
    Hi,
    For about the past couple of months, i've experienced a serious decrease in water pressure to both my showerhead & my bathtub faucet. I've read a lot of things on it, so i just wanted to verify. i have no loss of temperature, but the water coming out of the drains is pathetic. the rest of the house (sinks & the other shower) seem to be find.
    What brand of faucet do you have? How old? One handle or two knobs? Just happened or was the decrease gradual? Pump or city water? I'll wait on your reply. Tom
    faythful Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2005, 04:19 PM
    Thank you tom. I fixed it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No pressure to cold water in bathtub [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I had a Moen Faucet connected in my wife's tub about a year ago. It's been working great but the last three weeks or so It seems the cold water pressure is dropping dramatically. Hot water runs fine. This is the only faucet in the house that has this problem. I've already cleaned the aerator...

Low water pressure in bathtub/shower hot or cold [ 7 Answers ]

My shower/bathtub has no water pressure. It does not matter if you turn the cold or the hot water on. The rest of the house is not having any problems with water pressure just this particular bathtub/shower. I tried removing the water spout to see if anything was stopping it up, but it won't...

Low pressure in bathtub [ 7 Answers ]

:eek: my hus band is an excellent handyman but he cannot figure out why he changed the hot and cold knobs on our bathtub and now we have very very low water pressure out of the faucet. We have copper pipes.

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

Replacing bathtub and shower fixtures [ 4 Answers ]

(1) When replacing bathtub "snout", shower controls etc.. Do you caulk around the fixtures or use plumbers puddy? The original installation had plumbers puddy. (2) Do you place the caulk so the fixtures "sqeeze" out some material or just inside the fixtures? Example: I've obtain some...

View more questions Search