Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quimbaya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Prime water pump
    Please let me know how to prime a well water pump?

Thank you, Luz
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 25, 2007, 06:58 AM
    To prime a pump, look on top of the impeller housing and find a threaded 1/4" hole with a plug. This could also gave a pressure gage installed in the threaded hole. No matter, turn the pump off at the breaker and remove whatever's in there and fill the impeller housing with water until it runs out of the hole replace the plug or gage and turn the pump back on. If you can't fill the housing up to the top that would indicate a faulty check valve. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you prime a pump? [ 5 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to prime a sprinkler pump the right way? I have 2 cut-off valves on my system. The first one leads to the pump, and the other valve leads to the cylinder shaped thing with the five tubes on it... My question is: do I close the 2nd valve and open the first valve to let water...

Well water pump-how to Prime or bleed it? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: When running the water.. every few minutes.. it will stop for a few seconds.. and you will hear it start up again. This has just started to happen in the last few months.. and I was told it might need to be primed or blead. I have no idea how to do this! Will I need to contact...

How do you prime awater pump? [ 1 Answers ]

I cut off my well pump to make sure that I did not have any leaking toilets over night. Now my well seems to have lost it's prime. The shower water will ryn then completely cut off then come back on in a couple of minutes. Help?

View more questions Search