Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlbillin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Smell in the water of only the upstairs bathroom faucets
    I have a sulfur smell (I think) in the water of the upstairs bathroom faucets. The smell is defiantly in the water coming out of the faucet and not sewage gas coming from the drain. It started about a year ago and as not spread to any other water outlets in the house. I have shocked the well twice but it has not affected the smell. Does anyone have any idea what could cause a water smell in only two faucets?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 24, 2007, 06:58 AM
    "Does anyone have any idea what could cause a water smell in only two faucets?"

Sounds like you have bacteria growing in your faucets. First remove the aerators and soak them in bleach or CLR. If that doesn't cure the problem the faucets will have to be opened up and flushed out with bleach or CLR.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell in my Upstairs Bedroom/Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I'm sure this has been asked... but I need some help. I live in a 2 story townhouse. My bedroom is upstairs and there is a bathroom off the bedroom. About a week ago, I started noticing a smell. The smell comes and goes. Sometimes it's so bad I can't go into the bedroom and 45 minutes laterI...

Sputtering water in upstairs bathroom sink [ 3 Answers ]

Every now and then my upstairs sink, bathtub and toilet will sputter when the water flows. Cold or hot, doesn't matter. It acts as if I had turned off the main and opened a valve and allowed air in the system, which of course I haven't. I've looked everywhere for leaks, but even if there was a...

Upstairs bathroom - no hot water [ 2 Answers ]

My upstairs bathroom is getting no hot water, either to the sink or the tub. The cold water works fine in the sink, tub, and toilet. The kitchen downstairs is fine, as is the bathroom more or less directly below the upstairs one. If I run the hot water downstairs, I can get a trickle of cold...

Sewage smell in upstairs bathroom closet [ 1 Answers ]

We are on a septic tank system. We noticed a few weeks ago a very foul sewer smell coming from the closet in our upstairs bathroom. The pvc piping goes through this closet up to the attic and to the roof. My husband did see a link in the attic which was covered by duct tape and he fixed it with...

No hot water in upstairs bathroom [ 6 Answers ]

Our house is 2 years old and the hot water in the upstairs bathroom will not work. The sink get's hot water but the tub gets nothing. The tub has a single handle moen fixture. The cold water comes out fine but when you turn the dial to the hot water side, nothing comes out. We at first thought it...

View more questions Search