Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bingo3300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Toilet Leaking Empty Bowl
    Our house has a septic system. We have two toliets and down stairs in ou basement the pipes starting leaking from where it seem to be where the toliets are located. The bowl of the toilet is empty now. Both toliets are empty now. Any ideas?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 23, 2007, 09:48 AM
    "down stairs in ou basement the pipes starting leaking from where it seem to be where the toliets are located."
    Are you telling us that both toilets are leaking from the closet bends? This tells me that you have had a major backup and the closet bends are overflowing at the wax seal. Wax seals are designed to seal the toilet when it's flushing but will not hold water when it backs up the other way.
    If the clog let go the suction of the draining water could pull the water out of both the trap and bowl of each toilet. I hope you gave each one a flush to fill the traps back up so you didn't leave open lines direct to the sewer.
    Get someone out to snake out the blocked drain line. Good kuck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel So empty [ 15 Answers ]

My life is pretty calm and I barley have anything wrong. I am an only child and I have a very caring loveing mother that has always been there for me... I don't have a messed up life but I constantley feel as though I have nothing... no feeling what so ever.. and I'm always depressed it seems...

Unused, Empty Toilet [ 3 Answers ]

A year ago we shut the water to a toilet in our house off because it was constantly running. We were planning to replace the toilet (it was very old anyway) with a new one when we renovated the bathroom. Some time has passed and we are now ready to renovate and will replace the toilet. Will we...

I feel so empty.. What should I do? [ 5 Answers ]

So I have went through some pretty crazy relationships, but I was always being hurt, or lied too, even cheated on- and finally I thought I found the guy of my dreams. He was amazing- he brought me flowers, drove for four hours at two in the morning to come and see me, and never put me down once. In...

No water in toilet bowl [ 3 Answers ]

When I flush my toilet the bowl fills as usual, then slowly drains away. Any answers for that?

View more questions Search