Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ken LaMalfa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Moving 2 inch drain pipe
    I have a 2 inch drain pipe coming from an upstairs bathroom through a wall below, I want to expand a window in that area. My question is, can I move the drain pipe 4 feet to the left in the wall with 90 degree elbows and reconnect. The piping is pvc. Thanks, Ken
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Yes, you can.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 15, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Since you say this is coming from a bath I'm guessing it is actually a vent from another drain. 2" doesn't sound like a toilet/sink drain. Does this pipe lead toward a kitchen or other bathroom? In any case you should be OK making your cuts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Un-used 3 inch waste pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house had an option of a second bathroom. The original owner did not go for this option & the plumber put cement in the hub of a 3 inch cast iron waste pipe. I want to now add the second bathroom and I need to use this pipe since it is in the right location. Running a new pipe is out of the...

A one inch offset for a shower drain? [ 2 Answers ]

I have removed the tile from by shower floor along with the drain. I then realized that the drain is not centered in the shower stall, it is off by one inch from center. The stall is on a concrete slab and the pipe is a 2" cast iron, I know they make off sets for toilets, but just wondering if...

Moving Steam pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I live now in a 6 story brick coopr- 48 units in building. Steam heat. I am on the top floor corner apt. I have an exterior steam pipe running up through the bathroom to the ceiling. I guess to the roof. Have air /steam valve on the pipe. No problems with heat or valve. But the pipe moves about...

1 1/4 inch fittings won't fit 1 1/4 pipe [ 1 Answers ]

The pvc nipple on the intake of my shallow well pump was leaking. I cut the 1 1/4 inch pipe and was going to couple in a new nipple. The coupling would not fit the old pipe. It is white 1 1/4 " and so is my replacement pipe. I showed it to three different hardware stores and none of them could...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search