Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DMelendez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2005, 02:02 PM
    Car repair
    Car repair
    I have a Mercury Sable LS 2000 The lights on the Dash Board that display the gear you are in are not working I was told that I need to change a modal any ideas
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2005, 02:36 PM
    On many newer cars it is fairly easy to pull the whole dash cluster out. Maybe remove a hidden screw or 2 and then pull or pry in the right place. Do I know exactly where? No. Once out, locate the lights and check to see the module is getting power. If it is, remove it and take it top a parts store and buy a new one. For a specialized item like that, you may have to go to a dealer or junk yard. A junk yard might even let you watch somebody remove the one they are selling you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horn repair [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to fix my 93 civic horn and can't find a free manual to help. Any suggestions

PVC flange repair [ 3 Answers ]

I removed my old leaky toilet to replace with new one. The flange underneath was in quite a shambles. The "funnel" shaped piece attached to the pipe appears to be OK, but the orange collar that the toilet attach screws go into around the outer perimeter of the "funnel" was virtually destroyed. I...

Should I replace or repair my TV? [ 5 Answers ]

My TV has a white horizontel line across the screen, dividing the screen in half. Above the line the screen is totally black and below the line the picture is normal. It's a Samsung 25" TXE 25346.

View more questions Search