Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Justen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Sudden increase in water pressure
    My house has a city-fed plumbing system. Yesterday, the water pressure coming out of our shower elevated to the point that it hurts. I didn't notice a change in how the toilets flush, but a couple of the other faucets in the house seem to have slightly increased pressure as well (I may just be imagining that though). I took the shower head off and cleaned it but that did not help. We bought the house about a year ago and I don't think it has a pressure regulator (where would it be? What does it look like?). Any ideas? What other info do you need?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Get a pressure gauge that fits an outside faucet and check the pressure. The gauge should cost 9 bucks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increase water pressure from a well [ 64 Answers ]

Hello again, this is my third trip here, and both previous sessions were very helpful. I've just purchased a new house that is supplied by a well. There is a pump at the bottom of the well (I see an electrical wire going toward the well head). The pipe from the well feeds into a pressure tank...

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

How do I increase water pressure from a well? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, My mothers' house is about 22 years old, with a well, pvc piping, 4 year old hot water heater, and 3 bathrooms. Water pressure has gone down gradually over the years, to the point where a shower is a frustrating experience. Would you guys be kind enough to give me a checklist of...

Sudden low water pressure in house [ 12 Answers ]

I suddenly lost almost all water pressure in the entire house. While doing a load of laundry, about halfway through, the washer could not pull enough cold water. I switched to hot and it pulled fine from the hot water heater tank. Immediately after, all of the faucets would only trickle. The...

Sudden loss of water pressure [ 6 Answers ]

A couple of days ago I turned on the water at my kitchen sink and it came out with the usual force, but then about 10 seconds later it slowed down considerably. This continues to happen on both the cold and hot water, but I have not seen this happen at any of the other faucets in the house. ...

View more questions Search