Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiredof grout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2013, 08:54 AM
    How to clean really dirty stubborn grout
    Move in to a house that the tile in the kitchen , bathroom and entry way have been mopped but grout never cleaned. The original color of grout is a light beige and it is now a dark brown to black
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2013, 10:34 AM
    You can try some grout cleaners but results may not be acceptable. Replacing the grout (with the correct tools and care, not as difficult as it sounds) may be a better option.
    JazMan Posts: 219, Reputation: 14

Oct 13, 2013, 06:44 PM
    I wouldn't replace the grout unless it was too low or had some other defect. First try cleaning with a heavy duty acidic tile and grout cleaner, there are many. If that looks good to you, apply a few coats of grout sealer and that should be it for several years.

If not, get some grout colorant and apply per directions. Aqua-Mix is a brand that I've used and vouch for. Grout stains/colororants can take a long time to apply, but much less work than replacing. It's a water base epoxy, so you shouldn't have to seal again.

https://www.groutcolorants.com/?lead...FWJp7AodjnQArQ

Jaz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove stubborn grout from tile surface [ 15 Answers ]

Good Evening. I recently laid a really nice porcelain floor in my new basement washroom. In my haste, I did not fully clean the grout off the surface of the tiles, and had not had time to go back to it for several days. This tile is not smooth and the grout has managed to lodge itslef firmly...

I am a 69 yr old woman with 1400 sq ft of ceramic tile and dirty grout line paths... [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best and easiest way to eliminate dirty grout paths (paint or stain grout?

How to clean grout [ 2 Answers ]

Clean unsealed grout

How can I clean dirty or moldy grout in bath tiles? [ 1 Answers ]

I have several baths and bath floors where the grout between ceramic tiles has become dirty or moldy or both. The grout was sealed when it was put down, but is still porous and easily becomes dirty. I have tried the cleaning solutions available at Home Depot without much success, especially on...

View more questions Search