Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xmxer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Overflow drain
    Is there supposed to be an overflow drain on all bathtubs?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Yes, it also acts as somewhat of a vent too. However, some tubs do not have one. A custom built tile tub may not have one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine drain overflow [ 11 Answers ]

We recently built an addition onto our house which includes a laundry room. The plumber installed a washer box with valves and 1.5" drain about 3' from floor. The maytag washer has overflowed right from day one. I have seen some of your replies to other people with this problem and they include...

Washing machine drain overflow [ 17 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the drain pipe overflows even after I successfully flushed the drain line with a bladder and power hose. I also flushed the vent system, but there is still overflow. What now coach?:confused:

Basement drain overflow [ 3 Answers ]

My house was built in 1940. The basement has a drain that comes out of the middle of the floor, and overflows whenever the washer is run and sometimes with flow from the kitchen sink and dishwasher on the main floor. Is it safe to snake? Should a professional do it?

AC exterior overflow drain [ 3 Answers ]

I have noticed that there is warm water streaming out of my outside overflow drain. I have not had my AC on for weeks, so why is warm water flowing from the drain on the exterior of the home? Thanks!

Alaska: Floor drain overflow [ 3 Answers ]

I have followed a posting on April 25, 2004, entitled "Washer Drains, floor drain overflow." The problem is similar to mine. However, I have contacted a professional plumber who first "snaked" the below-floor line; then, when that didn't work, he put in a professional acid. I still have an...

View more questions Search