Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronhorn928 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Stuck valve stem
    I'm trying to remove the valve stem in the shower (hot water) and I can't get the stem to come out. The piece that has the flat sides (only 2) I believe is supposed to unscrew and it won't budge. I would like to avoid breaking it but it won't budge. What can I try?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 25, 2007, 01:03 PM
    I have placed a image of a three handled tub/shower valve,(see image) for you to go by. Most valves are set up this way. Unscrew the nut closet to the valve body and back the stem and washer assembly out counterclockwise. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower stem stuck [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - I am trying to replace washer on the bottom of a stem because shower leaks. It's not hot or cold, but on/off handle in the middle. Anyway, I bought the tool to get the packing nut off, but now I can't budge the stem. Is there a trick to it? Maybe I don't have enough strength in my hands. ...

American Standard Diverter Stem Stuck [ 16 Answers ]

I have a circa 1965 AS Heritage in the wall 3-handle tub/shower fixture. I believe it's a Hertitage Model "N 1012" or N 1020". The diverter works spoaratically - the water flows to the shower, but then abruptly stops. With the diverter arrow pointing down for the tub water flows just fine. The...

How do I install a hot and cold valve stem for a bathtub? [ 8 Answers ]

I need to know if anyone can send me the steps for installing hot and cold valve stems for a bathtub and if you can send a diagram of a normal bathtub bathtub and what each part is so I can help my brother-in-law and sister get their bathtub fixed. Please respond as soon as you can. Thanks.

Single price pfister stem valve [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Single turn knob for my shower made By Price Pfister. The valve needs replacing. Removing the knob and un-screwing the metal Circular cylinder, I’m left with the stem valve. From the front, It is circular with two tabs, one On top and bottom. With a screw driver from the Back tabs,...

Tub/shower valve stem [ 7 Answers ]

Hello,I will like to know can a tub valve stem get restricted with sediment and block Water flow till you get hardly nothing or just a stream?It has been leaking for Quite a while now and has gotten worser.I already have an existing sediment Build up from galvanized pipes.I been tapping the...

View more questions Search